OMG SNOW in the south!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG IT'S SNOWING !!!
It never snows here!! I wore shorts and short sleeves until really close to Christmas! And today I woke up to snow!! And not only is it snowing it is sticking!!
We have gotten an inch already and if it keeps up we will get several more!!
I will post pictures after the camera finishes charging! I of course we out and played in it for a couple of hours!!
I love the snow!! but I never get to see any! I am just so happy!!

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man! I want snow so bad! I saw on the Weather Channel that these kids in South Carolina built and Snowcat instead of a snowman. I thought it was cute!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember snow in the south once, many years ago.
It was 70 degrees right up till Christmas day, the day following, we woke up to a foot of snow, this was in North Central MS.

Enjoy it while it's lovely!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember when it snowed about 5 inches here....OMG it was soo funny cuz everything came to a stand still. I swear I was the ONLY person driving to work that day. The traffic lights were even out (city workers turned them off on purpose).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok after much fun playing in the snow and many many picture later! I have gotten the pictures uploaded and I am ready to share!
I even took the cats out in the snow one by one in my arms--they didn't like the snow, but I wanted them to see it! I only got pictures of Ezekiel because he was the calmest.
Here is the link to all the snow pictures
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...ediafilter=all

I will share my favorites so that the post isn't too long!

Here is Ezekiel asking me what this stuff is?

And then he was ready to go back inside!

Here are his paw prints in the snow! (so cute!)

I drug Paul (DH) out into the snow for three pictures then he was ready to back inside too! (he hates the cold)

Me with snow in my hair! (and one the best pics of me in two years)

look how deep the snow was!!

Our house covered in snow!

Ok there you go!! Enjoy! and if you want to see the rest of the pictures just click on the link to my photobucket album! My dogs loved the snow!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures! I'm glad you got to experience the snow!

We have about a million inches here

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badninjakitties

OMG IT'S SNOWING !!!
It never snows here!! I wore shorts and short sleeves until really close to Christmas! And today I woke up to snow!! And not only is it snowing it is sticking!!
We have gotten an inch already and if it keeps up we will get several more!!
I will post pictures after the camera finishes charging! I of course we out and played in it for a couple of hours!!
I love the snow!! but I never get to see any! I am just so happy!!
Fun, isn't it? I am from Seattle which has about as much snow as Alabama. I then moved to Hawaii, then Southern Florida, then Texas. I once lived in Boston the entire winter and had more fun than ever in my life. When you have never seen snow, it is so much fun. Of course, if you live in Green Bay or Buffalo....

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Fun, isn't it? I am from Seattle which has about as much snow as Alabama. I then moved to Hawaii, then Southern Florida, then Texas. I once lived in Boston the entire winter and had more fun than ever in my life. When you have never seen snow, it is so much fun. Of course, if you live in Green Bay or Buffalo....
My husband told me that I have had the biggest grim on my face all day! I just love the snow!! I don't think that I would want to live in the snow. It would require a lot of adjustments! But I just love to visit the snow!! I had more fun playing in the snow than Skiing when I went on a Ski trip! Now if I go on one I don't even bother to get a lift ticket! I just play in the snow! (of course I am also terrible at Skiing) I am the biggest kid about it!
I just love the snow-all my Christmas stuff is blue/white and snowmen instead of red and green!
I am also really glad because all of it didn't melt so I will be able to see it again in the morning before the temp rises!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

I remember when it snowed about 5 inches here....OMG it was soo funny cuz everything came to a stand still. I swear I was the ONLY person driving to work that day. The traffic lights were even out (city workers turned them off on purpose).
I remember getting like one inch of snow once when we lived in California and they shut down the schools!
It was just so hilarious to me, cuz I'm from Wisconsin and they hardly EVER shut down the schools unless there's a full-blown raging blizzard!

When I still lived in Wisconsin, I used to take my cats out and set them down in the snow just to see their reaction to the stuff. It was so funny!
They would try to get to a spot where there wasn't any snow b/c they didn't like getting their paws all cold & wet..

It was almost cold enough to snow here yesterday. My s/o said we were supposed to get sleet last night, but we never did. We got plenty of rain, though!

Have fun playing in all that snow!
It won't last for long!

~KK~

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I'm originally from east of Buffalo, where they still get that lovely lake effect snow.....I don't like snow! Mostly because of driving in it. I don't mind the cold so much as the driving conditions. It might be a little different if I'd learned to drive in snow country, but we moved south before I hit that age. We do still get snow here, but not as much. Being near the coast helps too! They've gotten better about salting and plowing main roads here, but it's not uncommon for side roads and residential neighborhoods to not be done at all unless it's a good storm.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fair! I'm further north than you (Memphis area), how on earth did ya'll get snow?
Send some my way!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

No fair! I'm further north than you (Memphis area), how on earth did ya'll get snow?
Send some my way!
It was really crazy!! My little sister is at University of Alabama (in Tuscaloosa) Like 100 or miles north of us! And they got a couple of flakes but none of it stuck! We still have unmelted snow in the yard!! It is just crazy!! But I'm not complaining!!
I will send you some snow vibes! Hope they help!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm laughing here because i've never seen anyone so excited at seeing snow
It must be great though when your not used to having it.
My DH laughed at me too!! I have been the biggest goober all day because of the snow!! It has been like 8 or more years since I have been able to play in the snow!! I just love it!