drink suggestion?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I'm going to a party on Sunday and it's BYOB. I don't drink very often, but that's the kind of occasion where I do usually enjoy a drink or two. Problem is, I don't know what to get...

I really only want to buy 1-2 drinks, but I don't want the usual coolers because I am not crazy about carbonated drinks or artificial flavors.

I'm not a big fan of beer. I like wine better but I don't want to buy a big bottle just for me (I doubt anyone will share - they all bring their own drinks too).

I am pretty sure the hostess will have some wine, but I would feel really cheap relying on that.

Maybe I should just give up and bring myself some fruit juice.
Or some mild tasting beer could be alright, I guess.

Any other suggestions?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not a bottle of Bailey's?
Unless you don't like Irish Creme, 3 fingers of Bailey's on ice is always a good drink.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can not think of the name, but my co-workers were really into these drinks at one of our BBQ's. They came in like a 6 pack of glass bottles. They weren't like wine coolers but there were different flavors. Someone help me out here....
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I used to drink those ready-made margaritas - they are pretty good.
Oooo! I've been craving a margarita alllll week! I truly need to spend some time exploring the liquor store.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I can not think of the name, but my co-workers were really into these drinks at one of our BBQ's. They came in like a 6 pack of glass bottles. They weren't like wine coolers but there were different flavors. Someone help me out here....

Oooo! I've been craving a margarita alllll week! I truly need to spend some time exploring the liquor store.
Mike's hard? I like the apple flavored one.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Mike's hard? I like the apple flavored one.
I think so. I went to their website just now and I think it was the cranberry lemonade they all liked. The berry one sounds good too.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you like wine, they are coming out with wine in more individual sized bottles that really only have a couple of glasses per bottle. I even saw some champagne in the smaller bottles for New Years.

I would say just go to the liquor store and look around.
There is a lot out there!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If you like wine, they are coming out with wine in more individual sized bottles that really only have a couple of glasses per bottle. I even saw some champagne in the smaller bottles for New Years.

I would say just go to the liquor store and look around.
There is a lot out there!

that's what I was thinking off too...you can buy mini wine & champagne bottles that come in 4 pack. They're definitely handy when its just you drinking.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check in at the liquor store and see what kind of small shots they have. They are usually somewhere around the counter. You can make 2 drinks out of one and they are like $2

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you could just bring fruit juice with a shot of alcohol in it, or make and bring a fruit smoothie or something similar. Liquor stores do have the minitures so you could pick out one of them to add to the fruit juice

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mikes cranberry lemonade is good or their Mike-aritas!!!
I concur on the smaller bottles of wine or the mini liquor bottles and bring your own mixer.