Beauty's being grumpy guts tonight

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty's been growling at me tonight (I think it was growling, it might have been grumbling)

I started storking her and she growled/grumbled/ call it what you want.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaw someone's feeling a little bit tetchy this evening
Actually, apparently torties and tri-colours are prone to having a bit of a temper on them when the fancy takes them. I've known some really really sweet torties and tris, (OK two, they were mine and more stupid than anything else) but I can honestly say that the majority of them (in my experience at least, with the hundreds I see come through our shelter) are a little more sensitive and have mood swings! There's a funny little snippet of useless info for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Aaaw someone's feeling a little bit tetchy this evening
Actually, apparently torties and tri-colours are prone to having a bit of a temper on them when the fancy takes them. I've known some really really sweet torties and tris, (OK two, they were mine and more stupid than anything else) but I can honestly say that the majority of them (in my experience at least, with the hundreds I see come through our shelter) are a little more sensitive and have mood swings! There's a funny little snippet of useless info for you!
It's the first time she's been like that!

She'll probably be in a better mood tomorrow. Usually she's really affectionate and not the brightest bulb in the box!

I still love her though!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

She's telling you she's had enough of you petting her. Rosie does the same only i don't wait for her growling, the swish of her tail is my signal to stop.
I stroked her once and that was it! She doesn't swish her tail at me, it's as if she hasn't realised she has a tail, most of the time!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have to admit that neither of my cats are particularly smart either
I'm convinced one of them thinks she's a dog. Sharpest tool in the shed, she ain't!

But we all have bad days, I guess Beauty is having one today.... tomorrow is a new day and she's bound to be back to her usual soppy, gorgeous little self again

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Didn't you say your taking her to the vet for a checkup soon?. If it's just started happening then it might be an idea to take her sooner
I'll see how she is tomorrow. If she's no better I'll see if I can persuade my brother to take us.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Remember cats are good at hiding things such as pain
She only growled once and I'd been stroking her earlier on without a problem so it might have been her saying stop that!

I'm only saying might.

I'll see how she is tomorrow - it's eleven o clock at night now so we can't take her right now!

I've suddenly though - I know she's got arthritis so could that be bothering her?

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go and see where miss growly pants has got to now I think. Speak to everyone later!

Edit: I'll come on here tomorrow as soon as I can to tell you if Beauty needs to go to the vets so you know what's happening.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
please keep us updated.

when Bea did this to me for the first time I ended up taking her to the vet the next day cuz I found a bump on her afterwards.
turned out she had a fever due to an abcess...

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty's back to her usual purry rub around anything self now. I has woken up this morning by a furry head headbutting me saying get up mummy it's breakfast time!

She has just been asking me for some tuna and hasn't growled at all today. I think she may have been saying it's bed time and I don't want strokes. I want the light switching out so I can go to sleep! (Maybe anyway)

Whatever it was she's back to her normal self today.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
o good!

haha, now that Bea is older she gets grumpy sometimes too.
she definitely lets you know when she doesn't feel like being pet.