How do you find out what your credit score is?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone know how to find out what your credit score is here in the US? I heard there are 3 agencies. Any way to find out what my score is for free?
I was just curious!
I want to know exactly what my score is/etc so i can plan ahead.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Anyone know how to find out what your credit score is here in the US? I heard there are 3 agencies. Any way to find out what my score is for free?
I was just curious!
I want to know exactly what my score is/etc so i can plan ahead.
The report is free but the score is not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good
Ya!!!!!!
I was expecting it to be bad, but it's good

the other website link wouldn't give me an exact number, but www.freecreditreport.com did!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone know how to find out what your credit score is here in the US?
Apply for a house loan.

The three companies are: Experian, Equifax Beacon and Fico Classic. For what it's worth I received a much higher score from the latter.

As I said, I got this information because I applied for a house loan.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's good
Ya!!!!!!
I was expecting it to be bad, but it's good

the other website link wouldn't give me an exact number, but www.freecreditreport.com did!
Regarding freecreditreportdotcom
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring. If you don't cancel your membership within the 30-day trial period, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership.
ConsumerInfo.com and Freecreditreport.com are not affiliated with the annual free credit report program. Under a new Federal law, you have the right to receive a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer reporting companies. To request your free annual report under that law, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I recommend gettig your Experian score, that seems to be the one that's used most often...TransUnion's is whacked, for lack of a better term

I get my credit report from all 3 agencies every year from annualcreditreport.com