Authority wet food

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't find the ingredients listed online. Can anyone tell me about Authority canned food?

As some of you know, I've had problems the last couple months with Riley being finicky about his wet food. He has almost completely stopped eating his Merricks and will often turn down his Evo.
He is eating some Wellness and a little Solid Gold tuna. I'm trying to find some other brands to rotate, hoping he will eat his Merrick and Evo again in the future.

I have tried dozens which he has turned down, but one I haven't tried is Authority. Can anyone tell me if its a decent food? What other foods would you compare it to in quality? Chicken soup maybe?

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a link to the ingredients for the indoor chicken and rice variety:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3.2769020&sr=1

Ingredients: Chicken liver, chicken broth, chicken, fish, brewers rice, powdered cellulose, egg product, dried beet pulp, flaxseed, guar gum, brewers dried yeast, salt, sunflower oil, potassium chloride, inulin, yeast extract, carageenan, taurine, yucca schidigera extract, iron proteinate, beta carotene, zinc proteinate, vitamin e supplement, choline chloride, cobalt proteinate, thiamin mononitrate, copper proteinate, folic acid, manganese proteinate, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, vitamin d3 supplement, pyridonxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, vitamin A supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, potassium iodide, biotin.

Guaranteed Analysis:

* Crude Protein (min.) 10.0%
* Crude Fat (min.) 2.5%
* Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%
* Moisture (max) 78.0%
* Ash (max) 2.2%
* Magnesium (max) 0.025%
* Taurine (min.) 0.07%
* Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.) 1.0%
* Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.) 0.15%

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about chicken liver as a first ingredient....

sharky??

p.s. I know its not a premium food, but I'm looking for something I can add in rotation as an "occasional" can, no more than once a week, probably less.

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Avoderm? I've never tried the cuts formulas but my oldest loves the chicken formula (pate style). He's not very picky though because he will eat almost all of the premium brands. Surprisingly he won't touch Merrick though.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought some of the Adult Chicken Pate (classic loaf) and Adult Turkey Pate. Stimpy also likes California Natural, but with my student's budget I had to cut back.
Authority is a good alternative for us. Stimpy eats it and doesn't have problems digesting it.

FWIW- I stay away from their "indoor" formula because of the cellulose in the ingredient list. That ingredient makes Stimpy barf every time.
We don't use the hairball formula either. I just buy the adult formula, classic loaf style.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I just bought some of the Adult Chicken Pate (classic loaf) and Adult Turkey Pate. Stimpy also likes California Natural, but with my student's budget I had to cut back.
Authority is a good alternative for us. Stimpy eats it and doesn't have problems digesting it.

FWIW- I stay away from their "indoor" formula because of the cellulose in the ingredient list. That ingredient makes Stimpy barf every time.
We don't use the hairball formula either. I just buy the adult formula, classic loaf style.
DING DING ... you win the HUMM why is that in there award
.. I used to use it in the rotation ...

Originally Posted by Jencat

Have you tried Avoderm? I've never tried the cuts formulas but my oldest loves the chicken formula (pate style). He's not very picky though because he will eat almost all of the premium brands. Surprisingly he won't touch Merrick though.
Avoderm is one Zoey will often eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried Avoderm and every other brand I can find
That is why I'm going to some of the lesser brands like Chicken Soup (he had some this morning and seemed to like it), Authority.

Every so often I try him on a can of something he previously turned down, just in case his taste has changed. He wouldn't use to eat the Wellness, but will now eat a couple of the fish flavors.

He eats Cal. Nat. dry but won't touch any of the wet flavors. I'll get some Authority today and see how it goes.

Thanks!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rotate Authority into Stumpy's wet food mix and he really likes that change. He is normally a Wellness cat - he wouldn't touch California Natural, Avoderm, and a lot of others. I'm of the opinion right now that while not all foods are great, as long as they are good and they like them, give them the variety.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i use the lamb & rice formula of authority when i can't get to the feed store in time to get chicken soup. [it closes much earlier than Petsmart!] anyway, i chose the lamb/rice formula because it didn't have fish in it [since Chip has had crystals in the past] & my wet eaters seem to like it just as well as the chicken soup. it's not the indoor formula, just regular.