Do your cats drool?

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trinity does. . . Pretty much only when she is kneading. She really likes fleece like textures and she will knead them like crazy. When she really gets into it, she looks like she is in a trance and she will start to drool. She also likes to push her head into/under whatever is around her, like if I am by her, she will bury her head in my lap or if she is on the bed, she will bury it into the covers. I know the drooling isn't something to worry about in this case, I was just wondering if any of your cats do this. Of my four, she is my only drooler.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh yeah, Dionysius (or Deedle as I call him) drools like a faucet when he's happy. He'll be sitting in my lap and as I'm petting him he gets my pajamas all wet...it literally pours out
also not nice when he shakes his head

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep....both Sadie and Dexter regress into kittenhood when they are kneading.
I call their little drool drops....diamonds.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If go missing for five minutes...my boys get upset, jump on me....knead...and drool!! LOL! They love thier mommy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Yep....both Sadie and Dexter regress into kittenhood when they are kneading.
I call their little drool drops....diamonds.
Is that what it is? I have always wondered if she is burying her head kind of like she would have when nursing.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Princess does she you pet her. But she has to be in the right mood for that.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harvey was my drooler. He'd lie on us and knead us and drool all over us when he was happy. Then he'd shake his head and it would go everywhere.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow... its been a long time since I had a cat that kneaded.
Jack likes his lips being scratched when I pet him ((i have no clue why)) and he'll drool all over my hand while im scratching his lips.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard that cats that drool were taken away from their momma too early........but I have no idea if that is true or not.

Trout is not a drooler (thankfully
)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pita, my moms cat drools like CRAZY.

the other day I was at the animal shelter visiting the kitties and this big beautiful regal black cat on the end woke up and smiled at me and popped a big spit bubble!! haha, never seen a cat blow spit bubbles before

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have heard that cats that drool were taken away from their momma too early........but I have no idea if that is true or not.
Im not sure if its true.. but if it is I wouldn't be surprised if thats why Jack drools.. he was found under my aunts house real young ((thats a country kitty for you
))...
[[If King wasnt fixed id say he was his daddy.. King spent about a month living under my aunts house when we first moved here, poor thing... we thought he was gone forever]]

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil' Jag is our resident drooler. She will drool when petted, purring or wanting 'her' treats.

None of our others drooled, including our RB cat who had tummy issues.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie is a big drooler, her mouth is like a faucet. She loves to lay in my lap, and knead, drool and purr herself to sleep. It's yucky when she shakes her head and flings kitty spittle all over the place! Lola likes to do the same thing, but she only drips a little drop of drool, now and then. She never seems to fling kitty spit anywhere either, lol! Cleo is the only one who has never drooled. She also doesn't really knead either. Just now and then, her little toes will curl a tiny bit when she's getting combed.