Meeko isnt acting right

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meeko starting acting depressed when Stormy died and we took her to the Vet. All her Blood Tests were Normal except she was a little dehydrated. Now Yoshi died she is doing it again. I dont know what to do. Stormy was Cocos daughter but was Meekos best friend and Yoshi was Meekos only Kitten she ever had. What can I do to make her happy. Coco is Meekos best friend too and came over and licked Meeko.

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww.... they mourn just like humans do. Just give her lots of love and attention right now. Make sure she is eating and drinking.

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They do morn the loss of their buddies. Maybe in time, you could introduce a new kitty or two into the home. But as long as they have each other yet, I'd wait a little while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before the others died I got a new Kitten. Her name is Oreo and Meekolikes her but since Yoshi died last week she isnt acting right. Coco is her bast friend and licks her and everything. She dosent want to eat now and is still acting sad.

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Before the others died I got a new Kitten. Her name is Oreo and Meeko likes her but since Yoshi died last week she isnt acting right. Coco is her bast friend and licks her and everything. She dosent want to eat now and is still acting sad.
Caution: Don't let Meeko go too long without eating or drinking. Cats that do not eat - may get to the point that they just cannot eat. If she eats something each day - ok - but if not force feed her, even if it is an unpleasant thing to do. Also consult with the vet.