Cruel man!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat we have got at the rescue centre came in when her owner found out she was pregnant.

What angers me is the fact that he threatened to have her MURDERED if the charity didn't take her!

Bear in mind she's perfectly healthy, had her kittens, the kittens have all been rehomed etc.

how would he like it if he was the cat?

Why didn't he have her spayed if he didn't want her to have kittens?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It amazes me how many people get angry when their pets get pregnant, It's not like they can control that, it is instinct, not like she could get herself spayed. I know one women who complains constantly, that damn cat is pregnant again. I am sick of kittens. I have suggested spaying, but reply is always, like I have that kind of money.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...people like that amaze me. If the creature isn't spayed, and you don't want it pregnant, keep it inside. I have a co-worker whose dog disappeared for a day or so and when she came back, he disciplined her by locking her in her cage for a day. On top of that, he said, "that @$%* had better not have gone and gotten herself pregnant!" Hello?!? Ever heard of a fenced yard, or taking her for walks on a leash, or getting her spayed? What are people thinking?

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He specifically said murdered? What a ***hole. We had a lady turn in her 4 year old maltese because it was heartworm positive and asked for it to be put down. We told her that there was a rescure group that takes sick dogs and treats them and then adopts them out. She said no and demanded the dog to be put to sleep. The weird thing is that she said she took the dog to the vet and the vet wouldn't put her down because she wasn't sick enough and there was still hope. So she brought it to us because we have to take everything. The lady called back the next day to see if we had put her down yet and we told her no. She started yelling at the dispatch officer saying that she wanted the dog to be put down.

Needless to say, she was a psycho.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... someone needs to slap some of these people back into reality and give them a good lesson about nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zao_cat

He specifically said murdered? What a ***hole. We had a lady turn in her 4 year old maltese because it was heartworm positive and asked for it to be put down. We told her that there was a rescure group that takes sick dogs and treats them and then adopts them out. She said no and demanded the dog to be put to sleep. The weird thing is that she said she took the dog to the vet and the vet wouldn't put her down because she wasn't sick enough and there was still hope. So she brought it to us because we have to take everything. The lady called back the next day to see if we had put her down yet and we told her no. She started yelling at the dispatch officer saying that she wanted the dog to be put down.

Needless to say, she was a psycho.
He didn't actually say murdered but he DID say killed! It amounts to the same thing, I think!

He was going to have her killed at any rate!

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

He didn't actually say murdered but he DID say killed! It amounts to the same thing, I think!

He was going to have her killed at any rate!
What is wrong with people? He was the irresponsible who didn't spay her. People want pets but no responsibility.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when you come across people like that - there is only one consolation and that is that he handed her into a rescue, rather than dumping her on the streets to continue to get pregnant and turn feral. Hope she gets a better home soon

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went at some point in the past few weeks. I wasn't there every day but I do know it wasn't the person who handed her in who adopted her.

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I hate it when you come across people like that - there is only one consolation and that is that he handed her into a rescue, rather than dumping her on the streets to continue to get pregnant and turn feral.
Or worse, just kill her anyway.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that poor cat! Hopefully she finds a loving home

The thing that I don't understand is, it is so easy to get a female cat spayed, its a one time surgery that you never have to do again. Then you never have to worry about your cat getting pregnant...

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Aww that poor cat! Hopefully she finds a loving home

The thing that I don't understand is, it is so easy to get a female cat spayed, its a one time surgery that you never have to do again. Then you never have to worry about your cat getting pregnant...
Well the good news is in the past couple of weeks she's got a home. Hopefully she won't get returned to us.

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many people do not know that there are "low cost" spay & neuter places, just have to look for them; I do agree that a pet is like a child you have to be responsible. My Monica goes on the 14th to be spayed; she is an inside cat. It's just the right thing to do.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People can be so stupid it never ceases to amaze me.
How is it that people like this man ends up with a pet, when they don't understand the basic needs of a pet and responsibilities as an owner?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Iluvdevons

People can be so stupid it never ceases to amaze me.
How is it that people like this man ends up with a pet, when they don't understand the basic needs of a pet and responsibilities as an owner?
Gosh it happens all too often too