Where did you get your blacklight to find urin stains?

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seems like the ones on petsmart.com and amazon have mixed reviews.

Where did you get yours and did you like it?

I need to go do some investigating around the house!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a big "normal" one....I found it in like K-Mart or something.....it was cheap. It's on a 6' cord though....so I've got to get an extension cord & then drag them around behind me.

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually have a blacklight light bulb that works gret and it's cheap. I brlieve I bought it at a grocery store or maybe Walgreen's.

What do you plan to use it for?

good luck and do keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well, my cat is a stress urinator and she's been at it again and I just want to make sure I've gotten all her spots 100%.

Unfortunatly I can't move out now, but she really needs to be an only cat...but she lives with 2 other kitties for now. Poor spoiled baby.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if this is a hijack, but does the blacklight actually work to find urine stains? I thought that it was some sort of gimmick when I saw it on TV. (hijack over)

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Sorry if this is a hijack, but does the blacklight actually work to find urine stains? I thought that it was some sort of gimmick when I saw it on TV. (hijack over)
Yeah it really does work. You can get one at Spencer's.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one that I bought at Petsmart and it works only if the room is absolutely dark and you get close to the spot with it. A little bit of a pain but it works. The other one I have was purchased somewhere in southern Illinois in the 1960's during the hippy era. That one needs a long extension cord but is strong enough to light up an entire room.

Try a black light bulb if you have a small lamp that you can carry around with you.