My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sooo mad! I live in a trailer park, and our lots are pretty small. Fortunately for me, I have an open area on one side of my house. Well within the past few months my neighbor on the other side of my house has been driving through my yard to park next to her house, since she only has room for 1 car from the road side (not that her company cant park on the road LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

Then her daughter kept parking directly in my yard, over a water main access! Finally DH was home the other day when she was there, so he went and asked her to move and not park there.

So about an hour ago I was hearing this noise like someone was reving their engine. It was pouring earlier and now it's snowing here, but it hadn't been for long so I was like, who could be stuck already?

Well the things on my wall started vibrating, so I looked out my window.... my neighbor's car is within FEET of my house! At an angle, even closer to my back steps and trash can. There are nice ruts and she can't get out. She's got some man (I think her son) there helping her. They keep putting SALT down like that will help! Hellooooo! The ground is soggy, not frozen!!!!

I called DH and took a video through the window of them and everything. Then they got in the mans car (who was in her regular assigned spot) so I went out and took pictures up close. I even got pics of the tracks she's made in my yard showing how she gets there! I was behind my house when they came back. I don't know if she saw me.

So after I got in, I called park management. I hadn't wanted to complain because other than the parking thing, she's a great neighbor and is nice. But now my yard is messed up and if she slides forward much more, she's in my living room/kitchen!!!!!

Well turns out she was just at the park office asking for maintenance to push her out. The manager said she couldn't have that done and she was parking where she wasn't supposed to be anyway. (THANK YOU!!!) The manager is going to have our ruts fixed (I'm sending her copies of my pics)

So now they have a ridiculously small board and are still trying to get out of there.
I am just sooo mad and I hate being mad! When I get really mad I shake and cry and I don't want to get to that point though I'm not far off!

Does anyone have any advice on what else I should do? Like should I send the park a letter with the pics stating everything including how I talked to the manager? Should I confine the girls away from the area just in case?

ETA: Here are a few pics:

From the back of my house.

From the front. You can see where that water main access is, and part of the big tree that makes her have to drive through my yard. (The tree belongs to her)

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oi, that's one stuck car! Does the management have any wooden planks or boards to put under the tires? That could help get it out. That is rude of them to do that after you were nice enough to not call on them and tell them nicely what they were doing wrong. What's next, a small hanging chain fence to divide the area?

Edit: Just thought of this, hence why cars are on actual roads and not dirt ones!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd draft a formal letter to park management. Keep a copy for youself. Have multiple copies of the pictures made. Stupid people are out in force!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'd suggest putting up a fence to block their access to the area period!
Either that or one of those police spike strips.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well up against her house she has a 2x4 and a 1x6. She needs some good plywood to get anywhere. So far it's been pretty quiet. I think I'm gonna go take a shower while it is still quiet. I look like a mad woman at the moment!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!!! if anyone did that to my yard I'd be PO'd too :rant: what a moron!! I's definitely submit a letter to the park manager

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was just a flat bed tow truck outside. Don't know how that will help. They need a wench (sp?) kind! It was the kind pulled by a deisel pickup truck. I think they pulled away now though...

I'm armed with my camera and an extra hoodie on over my sweats in case I need to go out in a hurry. They better not try to pull that car out through the rest of my yard!

Oh and our snow is back to rain! More mud! Yay!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok that tow truck was for someone else. There has been no activity in regards to that car in the past few hours. What a day!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you are documenting everything, She has alot of nerve driving through your yard. It amazes me how inconsiderate some people are. I would be hopping
. I would definately file a formal complaint.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The park managment needs to do something about that. They need to tell her she can't drive through the yard like that and park there. I hope the park is making them pay for the repairs to the yard too. They should also get a fine!! Man.... stupid people drive me crazy!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Honestly i would have your DH go out and put up maybe a couple of metal fence post across the yard, and run a chain or cable of some kind between the stakes, tie flags or light colored material to it so it can be easily seen to deter her from trying that again. Maybe a sign saying NOT A DRIVEWAY.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! Maybe you can ask the management to plant a nice flowering bush or two to prevent anyone from parking there!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Oh! Maybe you can ask the management to plant a nice flowering bush or two to prevent anyone from parking there!

I agree with that. Block her (and anyone else) from being able to drive through. People are just stupid.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

Honestly i would have your DH go out and put up maybe a couple of metal fence post across the yard, and run a chain or cable of some kind between the stakes, tie flags or light colored material to it so it can be easily seen to deter her from trying that again. Maybe a sign saying NOT A DRIVEWAY.
You're much nicer than me i wouldn't put up with someone doing that kind of stuff all the time on my property- i would file a police report for trespassing/destruction of property (is the yard considered your proprty or the trailer park owner's property ?) I also like the idea of putting a fence up with a "no tresspassing" or "not a driveway" sign clearly posted on it. You poor thing- i would have been soo upset!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when people floor their gas pedals when they are stuck...thinking they are going to get free??
Its like trying to run on ice...it just makes you stuck even more!

Anyway, these people are morons..and they are taking advantage that you are nice...you need to tell them to get the heck off your property!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OooO! Another thought, I can send you my neighbor. He's a jerk (that's being nice too)!

There's a grassy spot right next to our house that the neighbors on the other street use to park in. when the movers came for our house I suggested they uuse the back door to bring things in because the stairs to our front door were sideways. I parked my car in this grassy lot thinking "They'll understand...I'm new to the neighborhood...blah blah blah".

Nope, not even 2 minutes after the movers left: KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Me (calling nicely from the back): Yes?

Neighbor: GET YOUR CAR OUT OF MY YARD!
*stomp stomp stomp*

Me (a little shocked): *gives first sign of the bird in NJ*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I think we can do that ourselve come spring actually! I'd have to double check on exactly where though because there are power lines and a pole near there.
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

(is the yard considered your proprty or the trailer park owner's property ?) I also like the idea of putting a fence up with a "no tresspassing" or "not a driveway" sign clearly posted on it. You poor thing- i would have been soo upset!
We rent the land and own the trailer. (Though we'd love to buy a house in 6-12 months!) I don't think I can put up a fence, but I know we can do landscaping and things. I like the idea of putting up the sign like the one from the vets office someone posted last night! (about violaters being neutered)

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I think we can do that ourselve come spring actually! I'd have to double check on exactly where though because there are power lines and a pole near there.
I hope you can. I don't know any northern type bushes you can plant though since I grew up in the south.