need advice.....

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys, I don't have time to find this, so I'm going to ask anyway!
The ferals I have been feeding are close to the assistant district attnorey's
house! I was at the courthouse yesterday and I ran into her! she said,
I wish all those cats would be gone! and I asked whats going on? she says that they are getting on top of her new Tahoe, isn't there something I can suggest to her to use to stop this behavior? she says she already bought some granules? or something and it worked but she said , then she has to kept buying it over and over! help!
monique

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what granules she bought, and I've never seen the stuff or how it comes, but when people want to keep cats out of their yards I suggest cayote urine scent. I don't know how often it needs to be used, but maybe that would help - if it's not what she's already using?

Next time you see her, you could let her know how many cats would be around if they weren't being spayed and neutered.....

Laurie

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer except to say, waaaah, poor high-paid lawyer with her brand new gas-guzzler.

I hope it hails golf ball sized hail on her new Tahoe.

Poor kitties, they have as much right to walk this planet as she does!

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Sorry guys, I don't have time to find this, so I'm going to ask anyway!
The ferals I have been feeding are close to the assistant district attnorey's
house! I was at the courthouse yesterday and I ran into her! she said,
I wish all those cats would be gone! and I asked whats going on? she says that they are getting on top of her new Tahoe, isn't there something I can suggest to her to use to stop this behavior? she says she already bought some granules? or something and it worked but she said , then she has to kept buying it over and over! help!
monique
The picture of your cat is gourgious! That's a feral cat?
Granuels? For what? Sounds nasty!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keith - I had to laugh! You're probably right! It's usually for people in suburban areas where cayotes themselves aren't a problem - but depending upon where in TX this is, it really might be a problem!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Judi

The picture of your cat is gourgious! That's a feral cat?
Granuels? For what? Sounds nasty!
Originally Posted by keith p

but when people want to keep cats out of their yards I suggest cayote urine scent.

Umm, then wont she have coyotes by her truck?
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer except to say, waaaah, poor high-paid lawyer with her brand new gas-guzzler.

I hope it hails golf ball sized hail on her new Tahoe.

Poor kitties, they have as much right to walk this planet as she does!
I love it !!!! Ya'll are crackin me up!!!! Thanks Judi for saying that about my "GiGi" she was not a feral, although she was dumped off at my mom's and was too tiny to even be away from her own mom! She was so precious, the love of my life, and one night she left here, and I haven't seen her since, that was 10/23/07, and I have been literally sick about it! That picture was taken on the 21st just two days before she left!! She was a gorgeous cat!!! Now I have been feeding a colony of ferals, where this lady was complaining to me about them getting on her Tahoe, I talked to her awhile ago, and she told me that they were also tee-teeing on her Tahoe! Gingersmom... I figured that would really make you feel good
for the cats!!!! we are trying tonight to trap just one of the ferals, which is this gorgeous baby that I want so so bad! she is quite used to me, for I sit right with the food they have to come up right infront of me to eat! she is not afraid of me, but all her buddies are keeping her just a little scared, if they weren't around she would be
just fine, I have touched her head once! she is gray like my GiGi! but she is
more of a long hair cat well heres a picture it is not that great, and kind of faraway from her but you can see how beautiful she is:

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
another option the Cat Stopper (I think that's what it is called) Electronic device that waits for cat/dog/squirrel to be in range before triggering an ultrasnonic painful loud noise. Up to 180 coverage, and the cats DO NOT LIKE it. It works. Got it for my neighbor as my cat Mee Mee (now lost perhaps made to disappear?) was bothering neighbor by jumpin gup on
her mercedes. (And funny to say, that same "precious" mercedes? was totaled in an accident later on... the universe pays people out for mis deeds in unexpected ways.) I got the Cat Stop too late to help Mee mee out, but its worked really really good from what I hear now! NO OTHER CAT has gone NEAR her car, not to mention dog or other critter.

Its about 60 dollars I think. You get 2 maybe per order? Not sure anymore. Anyway an option to think on...

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks opilot! I bet she will be purchasing this as soon as I get her this info!
it's even on sale right now! I know she has a big dog behind her house!I hope it doesn't hurt him!
I am going to do whatever I can to make her happy, after all everybody
needs to be friends with the assistant DA! I know it can't hurt! Especially
if I'm wanting things to change around here! Never know when I might need her!
Thanks again!
Monique

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No it won't hurt the dog. It ONLY triggers when the animal gets into
range, range is about 25 feet. It won't bother the dog much, IMHO.

The sound blast is very BREIF just to scare the cat away.
Adversive conditioning.

Providing alternate places they like to go nearby works in harmony with this device.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Yeah if it was by us LDG we dont have to worry about Coyotes.
Keith p, you are on the coyote thing!

Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I always thought cat paw prints on my car was cute
me too!! they are also urinating on her car!! now that's a different story!
Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

That is just bizarre!

Laurie
Originally Posted by butzie

How about a car cover?
you know Laurie, I started thinking about that awhile ago, and I bet maybe
they aren't really tee teeing, maybe it's a male spraying it! I willing to bet that is what it is! I so appreciated all the info!!!! I emailed it to her!

I think a car cover would be ruined very quick and from my experience with a car cover, (it wasn't good!) I thought I would be loyal to it!

after that first time trying to get it on, I thought, 'ok this isn't too bad'
then whenever I got up the next day, I had forgetten about it and when
I got ready to go, 'Oh great! I took it off, and got wet, then I didnt' really have a place to hang it up and kinda dry out, so it sat in the yard and got dirty, after it got dirty I didn't want to put it on my new car! It was more trouble than it is worth, and just think if a cat tee teed on it, yuk I wouldn't want to touch it ever again! but I appreciate you answering and I sure didn't
mean to sound negative toward you Butzie! I promise!
P, S. I love your birds!!!!!!!!! too cool!!!!
Monqiue