Eek hurt his leg

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek was trying to jump on the counter today, missed and fell and broke his elbow!! Argg!! If that wasn't bad enough he tore the ligaments, they had to put the elbow back into place or whatever (not surgically) and then they decided to splint rather than cast because the cast would be bigger than him! I was like yeah, that sounds good! Well then his paw swelled up huge like and I had to take the splint off and since I was already there twice today, (once for the fixing of the elbow, second time because he needed pain meds) they want to see him back tomarrow morning for the fix! They just want me to keep him calm! Which is easy, since he cant walk.

The poor little guy!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I would put up a pic of his paws.... Those are the front two! The one is at least double the size of the other, and I think thats after it came down a bit!!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read all of the posts on lil Eek. Sending lots of love and hugs for him and you. You have been thru so much with him i feel so bad. He must love you soo much for having such a loving and caring meowmy!!!!!!!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!

that little rascal EEK! he needs to live in a padded room for awhile so he can't hurt himself anymore...

poor thing. good thing he has you.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe I dont even think he needs a padded room right now! He can't seem to move! I even brought him his supper! Which he ate like he hadn't seen for in a week! Just the best little kitty, with the worst luck!!! When spring comes around Im going to go out and search the clover patches until I find a four leaf clover, then Im going to laminate it and put it on his colar! That way he has a good luck charm with him at all times!!

He must be a klutz though, because I just dont understand it!!

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww Bless his little heart...I hope he's feeling better real soon...

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy. Maybe you'd find a several 4 leaf-clovers, one might not be enough! I hope he is feeling better.

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just make sure that the vet does not give you oral meta-cam for pain. It is very hard on the kidneys and has been known to cause complete renal failure. I posted a link here the other day. Also the shot version should be given only once.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The swelling in his paw came down quite a bit! We decided not to cast because he wouldn't be able to move with it on, and after the splint being too tight we thought we'd rather be safe than sorry!

I would think it would be his elbow bothering him but it seems as though its the paw itself. Maybe the splint was left on too long! They must have put it on way too tight though, because that paw was huge! It has come down to almost normal size, but you can still see the bruising even through his fur!

This morning when I woke up he was playing with Hobo, like nothing had happened so Im pretty sure he's going to be just fine. I think it should heal nicely!

As for the Metacam in the oral, its the only thing they have that they can use. They dont carry pill form pain meds anymore! They use the Metacam as a fever reducer too and all my kitties have had it before without any problems! I know some people have had bad luck with it, but mine seem to do fine! They use that stuff for alot of things I guess.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
better watch that one and his silly antics! looks like he's proving to be a handful huh?

btw, I have a clover for you... pm your address, we'll have him his lucky charm in no time!

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww...poor little cutie. My Shermie has done some pretty insane crashing into walls, falling off stuff, falling on stuff too. Luckily he hasn't broken anything yet,*knock on wood* though he's probably lost some brain cells.

Best of luck to you and Eek! (P.S. That's a great name!)

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the name sure seems to be a fitting one...
gotta be careful with the those crazy cats.

a year ago my friends kitty Keek crashed into a mirror during one of his spaz attacks and it fell on him and crushed his back leg.

he's okay now but he had to have it amputated...

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He seems to be handling everything really well, he gets to go back to the vet on monday just to make sure the elbow heals okay without the cast or splint! It really looks quite bruised at the moment, but he's still always first in line for supper!! LOL

He has gotten quite a bit cuddlier in his soreness! He sits on your lap and just cuddles! He wont move at all until you do, and then just to reposition himself on the couch! He really is a sweet little thing! I can tell that the pain meds wore off because he stopped being playful. After the splint came off he started to get playful and we figured that was due to the pain meds, but now he's lost the playfullness and thats probably just lack of drugs!

I will keep everyone posted on how the healing is going! Im hoping that she'll let me scan the xray into my computer so I can put it up, but you never know what they're allowed to do or not!!

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
they should let you have the xray once they are done with it, same with any you have done yourself at the doctors.
they belong to you.