Suppose your point totals appeared as below, five minutes after being payed interest:
Total Points: 20,000
You now sign off for exactly one week to the very minute. You sign on. What are the point totals now?
Hopefully I can explain how to arrive at the correct answer in such a way that you will never forget it. (Today has been a lot of fun for me, a former math teacher).
1. Go to vbPlaza and select Bank
2. Since the question says you were just paid interest five minutes ago then the bar at the bottom would read:
Next Bank Interest: 1 day, 23 hours, 55 minutes, 00 seconds until next payment of 400 points.
Note that it says bank interest so your Current Bank Points: total would read 20,000 (not 10,000) and 2% of that is 400. So when will the 400 points be deposited? In 1 day, 23 hours......?
Maybe. But in this case NO because the question reads that I sign off right away. If I am not signed on at the time the clock hits zero, the points are not deposited until I perform an action, in this case sign on. You can prove this by looking at the clock which tells you when the next points will be made to you. The clock starts counting down from 48 hours again when you sign on after being away a while .
3, Look at the Bank page again. Note that the clock is not counting down but if you leave and reenter the Bank, the time has counted down. If you just sat there and stared at this page for the next seven days NO points would be awarded to you until you performed an action. Once the clock counts down to zero you receive points and by performing an action start the clock counting down again.
4. The correct answer to the bank total is simply 20,400.
5. What does this all mean to you? If you know when your clock is about to hit zero and you are perfoming an action at that time, you will collect the maximum amount of points from the interest payout. In fact, I have received an interest payment while writing this. And the clock has started couting down from 48 hours again.
6. You absolutely do NOT accumulate interest by staying away (after your clock has run down to zero). I know this only all too well!
NO WINNER TODAY!!