I can't believe I lost it

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I swear I should never own anything of value. Last night I was working out in the little apartment complex gym with my friend and I had brought a few items with me, water, towel, phone and Ipod. Dumb me for not realizing I'd be doing more talking than listening to my Ipod. Well when all was said and done I figured I'd go get the mail since it was right there. I gatherd up all my items excluding Ipod which I didn't even think about in my giggly gossip haze. I was dead asleep at 1 am when it hit me. I didn't grab it out of the other holder on the treadmill. Luckily my roommate was up and wiling to check. But alas not in there, the door wasn't even latched. I felt like screaming. It was a gift from my SO last year and it's gone. I always am doing stuff like this. And I'm only to fault for this because if it hadn't been for some stupid choices in my past my brain would be functioning at a normal level. I feel like I should just never be given the chance to own anything beautiful or valuable because my scatterbrain will just loose it somewhere.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about your Ipod. Don't be too too hard on yourself though, cause I think we've all done something like this before and yes, mannnnn it hurts! The biggest one I haven't gotten over is I had a pair of diamond earrings my DH gave me on our wedding day.... I took them off one night and laid them on the table next to my chair in the living room and yep, one of those tables that catch everything. I forgot all about the earrings and a couple days later grabbing papers and such off the table to throw away, I must have grabbed 1 earring and threw it away....

<Hopefully> whoever found it will be one of the honest ones and turn it in...
****if it makes you feel any better at all, just know you're not alone. I often feel like I'm not safe because I can't remember anything****

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

I swear I should never own anything of value. Last night I was working out in the little apartment complex gym with my friend and I had brought a few items with me, water, towel, phone and Ipod. Dumb me for not realizing I'd be doing more talking than listening to my Ipod. Well when all was said and done I figured I'd go get the mail since it was right there. I gatherd up all my items excluding Ipod which I didn't even think about in my giggly gossip haze. I was dead asleep at 1 am when it hit me. I didn't grab it out of the other holder on the treadmill. Luckily my roommate was up and wiling to check. But alas not in there, the door wasn't even latched. I felt like screaming. It was a gift from my SO last year and it's gone. I always am doing stuff like this. And I'm only to fault for this because if it hadn't been for some stupid choices in my past my brain would be functioning at a normal level. I feel like I should just never be given the chance to own anything beautiful or valuable because my scatterbrain will just loose it somewhere.
Why not call the office and ask if anyone has turned one in? Or let them know that you lost one, so if someone DOES turn it in, they know to check with you. If they seem skeptical (in other words, they don't think they can prove it's yours), start naming off music.

Good luck!!! I hope someone does turn it in for you. :/

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't beat yourself up! It was an accident and we all make them. We've all lost things.

Have your friend post a lost notice in the building. Offer a bit of a reward to entice it's return, maybe $20.00. There are still honest people around so you may still get it back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I just called the front office and as of yet no one has turned it in. They took my number and said they'd call if it turned up.
I'm also thinking I need to make a sign and post it in the gym and mail room. It's hard to keep faith these days. People just aren't as honest anymore. Especially when it comes to things like these.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH almost lost my iPod mini that was a gift from my parents. It's engraved in the back so it's really special to me.
(The engraving was free when my Dad bought it direct from Japan!) Now, I won't let him use it because he kept losing it and then finding it days later. At least he has his own now, which is somewhere in the apartment...

I freaked out when I lost my wedding ring in the apartment after giving the kitties a bath. I knew that it was still on while I was in the bathroom so I wasn't worried about it being in the drain. Turns out it was on the floor where I was drying them off with the bath towels. All that vigorous drying slipped it off! At least I found it.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

My DH almost lost my iPod mini that was a gift from my parents. It's engraved in the back so it's really special to me.
(The engraving was free when my Dad bought it direct from Japan!) Now, I won't let him use it because he kept losing it and then finding it days later. At least he has his own now, which is somewhere in the apartment...

I freaked out when I lost my wedding ring in the apartment after giving the kitties a bath. I knew that it was still on while I was in the bathroom so I wasn't worried about it being in the drain. Turns out it was on the floor where I was drying them off with the bath towels. All that vigorous drying slipped it off! At least I found it.
Oh wow! Might need to take it in and have it resized?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaw sweetie, don't be too hard on yourself. We've all lost valuable things in the past. I managed to lose my grandmothers wedding ring. I wore it a lot back then, and figuring that it would get lost/damaged/dirty during a cooking class, I took it off and put it in a pocket for safe-keeping, forgetting entirely that I'd put on the pair with holey pockets. (I always put on raggy clothes for cooking class because I was always so messy!) So when I went to take it out of the pocket again, of course it wasn't there.
I've cried and cried over that one.

I'm dreadful for putting my purse down places and forgetting it - last time was in a telephone booth! I've left expensive pairs of glasses sitting on a bus, I've lost an expensive digital camera in Thailand! Trust me, that one bites.

You know what they say though. S*** happens.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's easy for rings to slip off. Warm water + soap, makes it much easier for them to slide off. I know it could happen to some of mine so I take them off before hand.
Resizing isn't an option though, my fingers swell quite often -surprisingly I don't even notice it until I try to remove a ring and it won't budge.
Apparently it's the PIPs that swell? and the doctor even noticed it.

Maybe try making a very descriptive flier of where the Ipod was, when you were there and what time you left around, and if it was a particular color. You never know, someone might have seen something or the person that took it might worry that someone seen them.

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a phobia of loosing my wedding ring...it has been already resized but turned to be a bit bigger again...so i dont wanna resize it once again...the worst thing is that im not that sensitive on loosing things (destiny stuff) unlike my hubby
he told me that he will be very disappointed if i loose it
when i come home i take it off and put it in a box. every single day)))

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you find it, but you're right...now a days with everyone being so materialistic (OMG I have to have that because everyone else has it and I'm a big loser without it), you rarely see things turn up.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about your Ipod.
But you know alot of people do that stuff all the time
*note to self i really really need to find my wallet have not seen it in a week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The whole situation would be different if I wasn't doing stuff like this all the time. I had a pair of diamond earrings lost them completely. My mom had given me her wedding ring from her first marriage lost it down a drain. I had a pink razor phone, my bf bought me a case even for it and I refused to use it because it made it too bulky, always kept it in my back pocket, went to use the potty one day and bam right into the water. Ruined. My new cell I'm forever cursing looking for it. It has gone missing for days because I'll sit it down somewhere and not a second later I forget and it's on silent. Now this.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

to use the potty one day and bam right into the water. Ruined. My new cell I'm forever cursing looking for it. It has gone missing for days because I'll sit it down somewhere and not a second later I forget and it's on silent. Now this.
lol hmm i think if you ask a couple of people here, they will tell you.
i did the same thing with my cell
it just jumped out of my coat, and in to the toliet

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I would be ticked too..that is so frustrating and it happens to all of us
I hope somehow you get it back