Two Cats, Opposite Intelligence

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found out that one of my cats is very intelligent and the other one is not the brightest bulb in the box. I have always suspected it but now I know for sure. I got them a busybox and Patches has so much fun trying to get the toys. He never manages it though, he even snagged one with a claw and got it out and let it drop back in the box. Alice will watch him for a while then she goes over and bats a toy out of one of the holes in the side on the first try. She then sits back and watches Patches try again. Thats okay though, Patches is one of the sweetest cats just not real bright.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can also see the difference between Buddy and Ashley. They're always together. Buddy though seems to be always "teaching" Ashley how to do things.

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 2 cats are the same way. My 9 month old cat, Ripley, is really smart. She could open doors at 4 months old and a lot of other things. 7 month-old Cali isn't very bright. We can't tell if Cali doesn't know things or she just doesn't care. Whatever it is, she sure makes life interesting, we wouldn't want her any other way.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

I found out that one of my cats is very intelligent and the other one is not the brightest bulb in the box. I have always suspected it but now I know for sure. I got them a busybox and Patches has so much fun trying to get the toys. He never manages it though, he even snagged one with a claw and got it out and let it drop back in the box. Alice will watch him for a while then she goes over and bats a toy out of one of the holes in the side on the first try. She then sits back and watches Patches try again. Thats okay though, Patches is one of the sweetest cats just not real bright.
Maybe Patches is actually the bright one. He gets Alice to his work for him.