There's something wrong with my answering machine

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My answering machine keeps blinking and saying answering machine is on and a few seconds later answering machine is off. Its been going on for about 15 minutes and I dont know why. I think its time for a new machine. You think? LOL

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dunno, but if it were at my house I'd say Twitch got it. That girl ain't got no teeth or front claws, but she kills answering machines faster than we can buy them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im sure its from Skye knocking the stupid thing off the table about 20 times a day. She finally knocked it silly. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

If only they made answering machines out of titanium steel, eh?
That would be a very good idea. I think you should create one. LOL I think I will just go without one. Its still doing it so I think Im gonna unplug it soon. I was hoping it would fix itself.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before you invest in a new answering machine, check the outlet where it's plugged in. Plug in a lamp and see if it stays on or flickers on and off. If the lamp does flicker on and off due to losing contact inside the outlet you need to call an electrician because that is a fire hazard.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops! Skye killed the machine!

Reminds me of when we first got Zoe...the first 2 nights, we would be woke up by "You have no new messages" 2 or 3 times a night because she kept playing with the machine. We laughed saying she must be expecting her mom to call and check on her!