Winter Storm Warning

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are now under a winter storm warning. It's supposed to start snowing during the overnite hours and change to sleet and freezing rain during the morning hours and I bet the kids are prayng for no school tomorrow lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it's snowing now. It's sticking to our back porch but the ground is still too warm.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Hendersonville, immediately South of Asheville and its been snowing for a couple of hours now--but we only have about 1/2 inch thus far

If only snow could keep me outta work...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom and sister both told me that they will both have to drive in this mess. It's supposed to change over to sleet and freezing rain right around the morning commute.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been snowing off and on for two weeks here.
Currently it's a balmy 7 degrees Farenheit.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

Ooooh i'm soooo jealous!! Here in Southern Cali...all we seem to get is sunshine....and NEVER any snow....let alone rain.
Lawls. To all us out here in snow country, this seems like obvious sarcasm... it's freezing and unpleasant.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Started out at 4:40 PM; sat in traffic over 1 hour; decided to pull into a shopping center, to use the bathroom, and get dinner (I have blood sugar problems, and was worried that, if I didn't take that last chance to eat, I'd be in the traffic again literally for hours). Struck out again. Another 30 minutes, just to go maybe 2 miles. Decided, as I was near a friend's house, I could maybe go there, until DH got home (who, BTW, is a truck driver--God only knows what HE was dealing with then, and when or if he'd be home that night). Got stuck on a road in her development. Had to walk about 1/2 mile, in bad snow boots (they're cracked, and my feet got soaked in the snow, and I was having problems with my left foot today, so walking was painful already). I was afraid to even attempt our "mountain", only about 5 miles down the road from my friend's, as it's steep. I wanna move! :-)

Made it ok--just got home about 15 minutes ago! I only live less than 30 minutes from work, too!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ooooh i'm soooo jealous!! Here in Southern Cali...all we seem to get is sunshine....and NEVER any snow....let alone rain.
Hey, give my your address and I'll send some your way! We have 5" and are expecting freezing rain/sleet on top of it.

On second thought, just send me a ticket and I'll move out there with you!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Lawls. To all us out here in snow country, this seems like obvious sarcasm... it's freezing and unpleasant.
Hehe I know it does sound like it...buuuut, I soooo would love to live in snow country. Gosh, I had a pair of Sorel boots in which I bought over 10 years ago and they STILL look new!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hehe I know it does sound like it...buuuut, I soooo would love to live in snow country. Gosh, I had a pair of Sorel boots in which I bought over 10 years ago and they STILL look new!
What???? you haven't come up to see us in Mono County yet??? How can you resist