TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › How many drops of Rescue Remedy for water fountains?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many drops of Rescue Remedy for water fountains?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
The directions say to put 4 drops in the water bowl, but I have one of those Drinkwell Fountains.

What do you think...I was thinking maybe 8 drops?

post #2 of 15
I add it to their wet food, and then no more than three drops per dish.

It has been strongly suggested to me by my holistic vet that flower essences do not work as well in running water, and therefore they should not be used in water fountains, especially those with a filter in it.

Because flower essences can cause runny stool, you may want to start with a single drop in each wet food dish, and work your way up every couple of days until you are at 3-5 drops.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I add it to their wet food, and then no more than three drops per dish.

It has been strongly suggested to me by my holistic vet that flower essences do not work as well in running water, and therefore they should not be used in water fountains, especially those with a filter in it.

Because flower essences can cause runny stool, you may want to start with a single drop in each wet food dish, and work your way up every couple of days until you are at 3-5 drops.
I didn't even think of the filter, *duh*

I didn't know about the runny stool issue either, thank you so much for pointing that out. I will add a drop to their wet food tomorrow and go from there.
post #4 of 15
You can also put a drop or two directly into their mouth, or rub onto their head/ears.
post #5 of 15
What is this used for?
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow2007 View Post
What is this used for?
Rescue Remedy
post #7 of 15

I really appreciate your response! Thanks.
This sounds great. My cat really needs something... I'll have to see if I can budget some $$$ for it!
post #8 of 15
I've never used it before either....
Do ya'll use it just when going somewhere, stressful times for cats, etc?
or on a more regular basis to keep stress down in general?
Sounds really interesting....
Ok more ?S..... if you use it before a vet trip or the like, how long before? Does it work quickly, last long?
Sorry, I'm always asking for more details Thanks in advance!
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggieKitty View Post
I've never used it before either....
Do ya'll use it just when going somewhere, stressful times for cats, etc?
or on a more regular basis to keep stress down in general?
Sounds really interesting....
Ok more ?S..... if you use it before a vet trip or the like, how long before? Does it work quickly, last long?
Sorry, I'm always asking for more details Thanks in advance!

It is great for any stressful time for a cat (like vet visits, trips, etc.). Right now I am using it because my older cat is suffering from very persistent stubborn acne that I suspect is stress related. I just started using it today so I don't know how long it takes to help.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
I didn't even think of the filter, *duh*

I didn't know about the runny stool issue either, thank you so much for pointing that out. I will add a drop to their wet food tomorrow and go from there.
I don't run mine with the filter. I just use filtered water and clean it weekly.

When I was using it, I still put the Rescue Remedy in the water bowl. Our main culprit prefers the water bowl to the fountain.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow2007 View Post
This sounds great. My cat really needs something... I'll have to see if I can budget some $$$ for it!
It can be very pricey...if you have a natural foods store accessable, you might want to look there. Our store sells rescue remedy for $15 a bottle, sometimes it even goes on sale...
post #12 of 15
Also try ebay, I've found it in a larger size for the same price my pharmacy has the small size.

Or, a compounding pharmacy can mix up your own blend for cheaper than RR.
post #13 of 15
The last time I bought Rescue Remedy it was $12 for the little bottle. It lasted a a few months, so I didn't think it was really high priced.
post #14 of 15
does this stuff really work? how long does it last for?

i bought something else for anxiety in pets and it seemed to help a little some of the time... which really isn't much help.... my cat is giving me a lot of problems and i'm think it's anxiety (i moved 3 weeks ago).... he's meowing/howling his head off all night (he's always been vocal but this is ridiculus).... before i sedate him for a vet trip i would like to try it... have people had success? anything special? what if he takes 2 sips of water and walks away? someone said i can put this type of stuff on his fur and it will work the same, anyone try that??
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by leospet View Post
does this stuff really work? how long does it last for?

i bought something else for anxiety in pets and it seemed to help a little some of the time... which really isn't much help.... my cat is giving me a lot of problems and i'm think it's anxiety (i moved 3 weeks ago).... he's meowing/howling his head off all night (he's always been vocal but this is ridiculus).... before i sedate him for a vet trip i would like to try it... have people had success? anything special? what if he takes 2 sips of water and walks away? someone said i can put this type of stuff on his fur and it will work the same, anyone try that??
It really helped when we were having aggression issues with one of my cats. He was attacking another one of my cats who was terminally ill (cancer). The Rescue Remedy helped. I put it in his water every day (I give him fresh water every day). The instructions tell you how many drops for their water. Other people have rubbed it on their ears, given it directly, or in their food.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › How many drops of Rescue Remedy for water fountains?