These people are suppose to protect us

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm no they dont have to protect you.
but they are not allowed to do stuff like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm no they dont have to protect you.
but they are not allowed to do stuff like that.
They are here to serve and protect

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I refuse to get strated on my rant about police and law enforcement. Sitting there watching them let my friend die, sort of put a bad taste in my mouth. . .

It figures they would have done something like that. . .

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

I refuse to get strated on my rant about police and law enforcement. Sitting there watching them let my friend die, sort of put a bad taste in my mouth. . .

It figures they would have done something like that. . .
yea a female friend and her sisters called the cops for a hour. telling them
that someone who had a court order to stay away was outside there house.
Finally the guy kicked down the door, killed the sister and cut up my friend.

she went afterthe cops for not coming, and for not protecting them.
court ruled. As i found out later , they did the normal thing,,
its not the cops job to protect you.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A very good friend of mine was riding his motorcycle home, OBEYING THE LAWS, and someone pulled out in front of him. He flipped over the car, the bike caught on fire, and he fell to the pavement. the cops got there, and with my own two ears, I heard him tell the ambulances to just get there when they could. That he was a lost cause. . .

He was breathing, talking, and holding our hands. . . He was not a lost cause. . . I cry every time I think about it. . .

The cop felt that because he was a biker and "all bikers were bad" he was getting one in on them as a community.

They have the upmost disrespect and disreguard for people on sportbikes and those who drive modified cars. I know people in our community do not help the issue, but I think we are the most profiled and discriminated group of people out there. . .

Protect and serve my foot.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now hold on, NOT ALL COPS ARE WORTHLESS. My uncle was a highway patrol officer who won several awards for going above and beyond the call of duty to help people, and he was killed in the line of duty. Shot to death while trying to stop a poacher on a game reserve. My brother is an officer, and my pa, uncle and sister are reserve officers. Describing all officers as worthless is the exact same as the way NoRachel says that police view all bikers. Yes, some of them are bad, and some worthless, but its the same with the bikers, not all bikers are bad. (No i have no hate towards bikers, my bf's father was a biker who was killed in an accident in 99). But its not fair to stereotype any group, even the po'po'.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its the same with ANY industry..some people are worthless at their jobs, and some are amazing.
Cops are no exception.. I would never label them ALL bad. Thats a little extreme.

Its so awful with your situations Bruce and Norachelhere, that you experienced the bad side
I am very sorry for that. But I do beleive there are good police officers out there.

A cop getting inmates to clean up his yard is just plain BRUTAL.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really not trying to stereotype but it is so hard not to when that is all you see. . . .

I am tired of being stereotyped for driving one of "those types of cars" At least here in my neck of the woods, there are alot of dirty cops around here. Not all of them, but most, at least here. . .

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not stereotyping them, i go shooting all the time with a friend that is cop.
They have a tough job no doubt

But They dont have to protect you. Its your job to take care of yourself. if the police do not do it, there is nothing you can do about it.

i know the biker think very well, couple of years ago i stopped at the local mall, picked up 500 dollars worth PC gear, sat down with a friend to have a cup of coffee. I had the cops come over and tell me to hurry up,they did not like my type in the mall.

its is also illegal to use people in your jail for personal reasons.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am really not trying to stereotype but it is so hard not to when that is all you see. . . .
There was a station that showed only good things on their news for 3 days as a test and people went crazy! They were calling in to know why there wasn't anything bad on t.v. Just goes to show you, you'll only hear bad things about people because that's our human nature.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am tired of being stereotyped for driving one of "those types of cars" At least here in my neck of the woods, there are alot of dirty cops around here. Not all of them, but most, at least here. . .
My ex has one of the fastest cars in Southwestern Ontario..so I know exactly what you are talking about
He is also one of the safest drivers I know, and cops don't leave him alone because of the way his car looks.
We used to live in a small town together and some of the cops there had nothing better to do than give him trouble for nothing. That is frustrating.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

Now hold on, NOT ALL COPS ARE WORTHLESS. My uncle was a highway patrol officer who won several awards for going above and beyond the call of duty to help people, and he was killed in the line of duty. Shot to death while trying to stop a poacher on a game reserve. My brother is an officer, and my pa, uncle and sister are reserve officers. Describing all officers as worthless is the exact same as the way NoRachel says that police view all bikers. Yes, some of them are bad, and some worthless, but its the same with the bikers, not all bikers are bad. (No i have no hate towards bikers, my bf's father was a biker who was killed in an accident in 99). But its not fair to stereotype any group, even the po'po'.
I have had only positive experiences with any police I've ever dealt with. I've found that if you treat them with respect, they will treat you with respect.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My ex has one of the fastest cars in Southwestern Ontario..so I know exactly what you are talking about
He is also one of the safest drivers I know, and cops don't leave him alone because of the way his car looks.
We used to live in a small town together and some of the cops there had nothing better to do than give him trouble for nothing. That is frustrating.
i know EXACTLY what you mean. i used to drive * one of those cars* it was a 2000 Dodge Avenger, and it was modified alot. i got pulled over 3 times in one day, just so the cops could look at it!!!

now my winter beater is a 1999 Dodge Durango 4x4, and i dont get a second look,lol.

wait till they see my new car that im getting in the spring, a 2009 Dodge Chrager Daytona R/T, Blood red with HEMI striping, hehe.

BTW, with the origional topic. I have witnessed the good and bad with the police, and i still wouldnt think twice about calling them if something is wrong.

anyone that thinks all cops are bad, needs to sit down and watch a few episodes of COPS, and see what they have to deal with on a daily basis!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact that the officers didn't step in when someone was in imminent danger from a man who was violating a court order is just WRONG!! AND CRIMINAL!! But cops and courts are part of an ole boys network. I'm sorry your friend didn't get any justice.

PS - I used to be a news reporter and to me, most cops are nuts. If they didn't start that way, the training and the job makes them so.