TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Metro dryers (Cat showing related)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Metro dryers (Cat showing related)

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Anyone have a Metro dryer they use on their show cats? Is there a big difference in the models? I found one of the Metro Air Force Quick draw dryers for $89 including shipping that I think I'm going to order. My breeder/show friend recommended the Metro brand and says it's a must have for show cats. She says it dries faster and safer.
post #2 of 12
Since I show shorthairs, I have no need for a dryer. When I was showing the Turk, I just used my own hair dryer on low setting to dry him. Sorry I can't be much help
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Since I show shorthairs, I have no need for a dryer. When I was showing the Turk, I just used my own hair dryer on low setting to dry him. Sorry I can't be much help
Yeah... I've been using my own dryer. It takes a long time to dry a Persian with a regular dryer! Well, it probably seems longer then it actually is. Faster is better! But apparently according to my other breeder friend, these dryers make a huge difference in long hairs. She says it makes a big difference not only in drying time but in coat condition etc. I'm anxious to get mine and try it out!
post #4 of 12
What's so different about them? Is it the settings, or the fact its a stand alone and you can use 2 hands for the combing? What makes it quicker for drying time?
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
What's so different about them? Is it the settings, or the fact its a stand alone and you can use 2 hands for the combing? What makes it quicker for drying time?
It uses warm (not hot) air and apparently is pretty strong. Maybe I better be careful so as not to blow poor Maxx away!

Here's what they say about it:

The Metro Air Force Quick Draw pet dryer is a compact, powerful, hand held pet dryer that is small enough to take on the road, yet strong enough to use in the home to dry off a large long haired dog in minutes! At just over 3 pounds the compact all steel Quick Draw produces a large volume of warm air to dry all pets quickly and thoroughly.

Features:

* Air volume: 160MPH/85CFM
* Air Speed: 18,000 FPM
* HP Motor: 1.3
* Amps: 8
* Volts: 120
* Watts: 950
* 12’ Grounded power cord
* 6’ hose
* Air concentrator blower nozzle
* Air flare and shoulder strap
* Table mounting hook

\t \t
\t\t\t\t
Related Products...
Metro Air Force Commander Pet Dryer (AFTD-3)
Our Price: $142.95
Add
Metro Air Force Commander Pet Dryer
Metro Air Force Blaster Pet Dryer
Our Price: $171.95
Add
Air Force Blaster Pet Dryer

\t0 of 0 people found the following review helpful:
\t
\t\t
\t
Great dryer! \tNovember 15, 2007
Reviewer: Terry from Palm Harbor, FL \t
Today was the first time I used the dryer, I have a 72 lbs Rough Collie (looks like Lassie)
at first he was a little scared of the dryer because it was something new to him but as soon as he realized it wasn't doing any harm to him he calmed down and was back to his normal self and I continued drying him, I can't believe how fast it took me to dry him, it took 12 minutes and he was completely dry wow!! Before when i used a regular human dryer it took me over an hour to dry him, because of his long thick coat. This dryer will save me a lot of time and work, it is definately worth every penny I wish I purchased this dryer a long time ago, I also used it after I groomed him to blow away the excess shedding hair works great. When I seen the dryer at first it was deceiving because it's so small I can't believe how much power this little dryer has for it's size, It also made his coat look great very soft and full as if he came back from a professional grooming. This dryer will definately make it much easier for me I give it 5 stars.
post #6 of 12
Well darn - I'd get it (with that review) - can't believe it took less then 15 mins to dry a collie! - bet you can use it on your own hair too.

If you have a lot of persians to do, seems to be worth the money. If you get it, let us know the results
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Well darn - I'd get it (with that review) - can't believe it took less then 15 mins to dry a collie! - bet you can use it on your own hair too.

If you have a lot of persians to do, seems to be worth the money. If you get it, let us know the results
Yeah, it is supposed to dry in 1/3rd the time. That's a great bonus even for ONE Persian! I'll let you know what I think of it after I try it.
post #8 of 12
Metro dryers are awesome...I have one. I also have a dryer that looks like an oven. It's also portable (although heavy) which makes it easier to go to overseas shows with. Why do I have one? I'm showing another Maine Coon this coming season and I have set up a small grooming facility for myself and others.

It used to take Dum2 about 1.5 hours to dry with a hairdryer. With a metro only around 1/2 hour. However, you should get your friend to teach you the best way to use it. Also, it's very loud so I suggest you switch it on first before you bring your cat to dry.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abymummy View Post
Metro dryers are awesome...I have one. I also have a dryer that looks like an oven. It's also portable (although heavy) which makes it easier to go to overseas shows with. Why do I have one? I'm showing another Maine Coon this coming season and I have set up a small grooming facility for myself and others.

It used to take Dum2 about 1.5 hours to dry with a hairdryer. With a metro only around 1/2 hour. However, you should get your friend to teach you the best way to use it. Also, it's very loud so I suggest you switch it on first before you bring your cat to dry.
I've been using my regular dryer and it's pretty loud. From what I understand the new Metro's are quite a bit quieter. (I'm hoping that is true.) As of now though, I do have to turn it on first or Maxx/Peaches get scared.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Well darn - I'd get it (with that review) - can't believe it took less then 15 mins to dry a collie! - bet you can use it on your own hair too.

If you have a lot of persians to do, seems to be worth the money. If you get it, let us know the results
I don't use it on my hair personally....although I will use it on my clothes if I had had a rambunctious cat that needed grooming (ie. I got sopping wet!)
post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abymummy View Post
I don't use it on my hair personally....although I will use it on my clothes if I had had a rambunctious cat that needed grooming (ie. I got sopping wet!)
Hey... you just gave me an idea! A high powered cat hair remover! Kind of like a leaf blower.
post #12 of 12
Would it work on a lab that likes to shed?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Metro dryers (Cat showing related)