Would this be appropriate, or no??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So there's this one Scorpians song that Colin and I absolutely LOVE "Send me an angel" (we're huge Scorpians fans
) Anyways, we're getting married soon and i am SOOO sick off all the traditional/classic music for attendants who are walking down the isle. (I was a music major for a while so i want something with a little twist.)

Colin & I were thinking it would kind of be cool if the groomsmen came out and the bridesmaids walked down the isle to the Scorpians song "Send me an angel" What do you guys think? It would definitely not be a traditional wedding song and nobody would be expecting that (the rest of the ceramony will be traditional/classic music- i just want something different for the attendants walk down the isle). Would that be crazy and inappropriate or would it be ok and kind of neat? I don't want to do anything tacky, but that one song we both really love and think it would be kind of neat during the ceramony
I dunno!!! What do you guys think?

Here's a link so you can listen to if if you've never heard it before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_lMN...elated&search=

Here's a link to the lyrics.
http://www.elyrics.net/read/s/scorpi...el-lyrics.html

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, it's YOUR wedding.Do what YOU and Colin want and forget what anybody else wants.That is your day to shine and be happy!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went with NO. I learned the hard way that even if it is your wedding sometimes you have to give up little things to please the family esp parents.
It might depend on where you are having the ceremony too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Nikki, it's YOUR wedding.Do what YOU and Colin want and forget what anybody else wants.That is your day to shine and be happy!
That's what i'm thinking too. I don't think it would offend anyone as it's not racy or anything- just non-traditional. I dunno though!

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I went with NO. I learned the hard way that even if it is your wedding sometimes you have to give up little things to please the family esp parents.
It might depend on where you are having the ceremony too.
Parents aren't an issue- my mom thinks the song rocks
All of my attendants LOVE it too, and my soon to be mother-in-law from hell isn't planning on comming as of yesterday (we'll see
) So since they're not even comming to the rehersal and most likely not even the wedding, i'm not so worried about them since they're being soo nasty to us. It's the rest of the guests that will be there i was wondering about- i think the majority of them would like it/think it's kind of cool.
I'm not sure though!

The ceramony is going to be in a church (but the pastor has said if we wanted to use that song it'll be ok as it doesn't have anything bad in it.)

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That's what i'm thinking too. I don't think it would offend anyone as it's not racy or anything- just non-traditional. I dunno though!

Parents aren't an issue- my mom thinks the song rocks
All of my attendants LOVE it too, and my soon to be mother-in-law from hell isn't planning on comming as of yesterday (we'll see
) So since they're not even comming to the rehersal and most likely not even the wedding, i'm not so worried about them since they're being soo nasty to us. It's the rest of the guests that will be there i was wondering about- i think the majority of them would like it/think it's kind of cool.
I'm not sure though!

The ceramony is going to be in a church (but the pastor has said if we wanted to use that song it'll be ok as it doesn't have anything bad in it.)
Then I say go for it! Sounds like you covered everything.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Celine Dion's song "Because you loved me" playing when were standing infront. As we were walking down the isle, we had Clint Black and Lisa Hartmans song "When I said I Do" playing.
I say go with what you want as long as it is not offensive to anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Then I say go for it! Sounds like you covered everything.
I think i might just do that!

We had Celine Dion's song "Because you loved me" playing when were standing infront. As we were walking down the isle, we had Clint Black and Lisa Hartmans song "When I said I Do" playing.
I say go with what you want as long as it is not offensive to anyone.
Aww i love both of those songs!

We've already got our first dance and last dance planned out
First dance will be our song "Heaven" - Bryan Adams and the last song will be another favorite- "Kiss to Build a Dream on" - Louis Armstrong- i'm getting his wedding ring engraved with a line from the song "kiss to build a dream on"

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also think it'd be much better as your first dance rather than the song you walk down the aisle to. I think the walk down the aisle song is better as a nice, slow, instrumental that you can walk slowly to so everyone can oooh and ahhhh. You don't want a "different" song overshadowing the event.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I say go for it! It's not "traditional" (but neither was The Carpenters' "We've Only Just Begun" when it first came out decades ago, and now it's way overdone ), but the lyrics are quite appropriate, IMO. It's your wedding, and if you both love the song, use it!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's your wedding and you need to do what the 2 of you feel comfortable doing. And if that means a Scorpions song, then that's what you should do. It's your day, not anyone else's. Celebrate it in whatever fashion you like.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

in spades!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would def do it if it's what the both of you wanted. It's your wedding, and if other people don't like it, so be it. I know when I get married, I'm going to have what my boyfriend and I want. If my parents don't like it, they have to realize it's my wedding not theirs. I'm stubborn though too, and have to have things the way I want it.
But it's supposed to be YOUR day, and you'll look back on this for the rest of your lives. You want things to be the way you want it. I think it's a great idea!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's fine, it's a very nice sond, not big rock head banger music, and it's your day!!! I learned a long time ago that you are never going to please everyone so you better please yourself first! Do it for you and Colin!!