Have a questions about the heat cycle...

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a question, squishy just got out of her second heat cycle, but i noticed that when she is not in heat she eats like a horse and drinks tons, but when she is in heat she still drinks a good bit but barely eats, is this normal.....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES, that is normal ... Is Squishy a registered breeding cat???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No she isnt, we are getting her spayed soon, we were both laid off right before christmas when our warehouse filed bankruptcy and shut down so money is real tight right now since we both dont have a job.... but i have an interview tomorrow so soon as money gets here she is going to the vet... i just wanted to make sure that it was not something to be concerned about....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some its normal - they have their minds elsewhere. Why is she not spayed yet if this is the 2nd time she's been in heat. If not a show cat used for breeding its not a good thing to keep letting her go in and out of heat.

When will she be spayed?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

For some its normal - they have their minds elsewhere. Why is she not spayed yet if this is the 2nd time she's been in heat. If not a show cat used for breeding its not a good thing to keep letting her go in and out of heat.

When will she be spayed?
GK - I believe the poster answered that question. They were both laid off and haven't been working.

To the OP - I wish you luck on your interview.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the luck I will need it.... I can assure you all as soon as we get our money started back up she will be spayed. I don't like it when she is in she just doesn't look happy.. with any luck she will be spayed within a month.