The most gross car I've seen!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Target to pick up some stuff this morning and when I was loading my packages in the truck I glanced at the car next to me.
It was a last model vehicle in good shape BUT....the back seat up past the rear window and the entire passenger side of the car was filled with empty (hopefully) fast food and other food packages, empty soda cups, bottles and cans. And lots of soiled paper napkins.

It was so disgusting............ I can't image in smell that eminates from all that stuff. I was tempted to write down the license # and call the police but what would that do????

Good thing I hadn't eaten anything......

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they clean out their car soon...That must be smelly!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the smell probably isn't so bad right now, but in summer when it's hot that has to be NASTY!!!!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think calling the cops on them would be over doing it a little. Besides, they are the one that has to put up with it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is sooo gross! One of my friend's back in college always had cherrios on the floor of her car (she'd eat them while driving to class and work) and the occasional french fry. I harassed her good about it for a long time and fortunately, her car is now free of roaming food products. (Being out of college and having a regular full time job probably helped!)

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ewwwwwwwww!! Imagine what their home looks like?!
That's exactly what I thought when I parked next to a car like that once....it was really BAD!!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's disgusting!! One of my best friends tends to leave his car quite cluttered (just to put it nicely). His apartment is worse....that I choose not to even enter it.
My question is...........how in the heck CAN ppl live in filth????? I mean i'm not some clean freak but I DO live in a clean environment.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you all rather that people just toss the trash out the car window?

Mental illness is REAL. I think you all need to try to understand that there are tons and tons of people out there with many different forms of OCD. Hoarding garbage is one of them. Hoarding cats (or any kind of animal) is another.

I personally am one who drives a vehicle that collects trash on the floor - however I DO purge it when it starts reaching seat-level. My dad always used to give me a hard time about it until I sent him a picture like this and told him, dad, it could always be worse.

How about having a little compassion for folks that just don't have it all together upstairs instead of being so darned condescending - you do NOT know what their lives are like. Walk a mile in their shoes, THEN judge them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, you just described my ex's car! Most guys take care of their cars, often times better than they do their wives or girl friend, but there are some exceptions to the rule. I used to have to clean off the seat to find a spot to sit, and when I got out I felt like I needed to shower!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have to admit, my car is not the neatest car in the neighborhood. I don't keep garbage in there, but I tend to always be hauling stuff--most recently, my Mom moved, and I still had a lot of stuff at her house to haul back to mine. Also, I work in a library, so I always have a bag or two of books in there. I do de-clutter the car at least once a month, usually more, but it looks bad. Part of the problem is that we don't garage the cars, and it always seems to be raining/snowing/dark when I come home, and that's when I should take stuff out. I know it's a lame excuse! I never throw garbage around the car (I keep a shopping bag for trash), but I should vacuum the floor in the front more --always leaves there. At least my trunk is neat--only because it leaks, so I can't store stuff there!

People always comment about my car. It's not THAT bad, and certainly doesn't smell, or have food, etc. in it--it's mainly my friend, who is a neat-freak about HER car, who makes the snide remarks (and, if she says it one more time, I telling her she's welcome to walk--I'm serious--I think it's rude. HER car may be neat, but HER house is dirty all the time, and, even though I notice it, I'd NEVER say anything to her. On the other hand, my house is neat and clean, yet my car is a bit cluttered most of the time.)

When I de-clutter the car, I do vacuum it out, wipe down the surfaces, etc. I should just do it more often!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I was tempted to write down the license # and call the police but what would that do????

Good thing I hadn't eaten anything......
why would you think to call the police about a car that needs cleaning?
i dont know about other people, but hmm i dont go looking to see what other have in there car.

heeh sorry but that just seems strange to me

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Would you all rather that people just toss the trash out the car window?

Mental illness is REAL. I think you all need to try to understand that there are tons and tons of people out there with many different forms of OCD. Hoarding garbage is one of them...
Well stated! The older I get, the more I realize how many ways people's thinking and behavior can get twisted, and how they suffer for it. We all cope the best we can... some better than others.

Here I am again, the non-religious person quoting the Bible: Judge not, lest ye be judged.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I know what you're talking about...that's B's car!
He's just lazy about his car cleanliness and uses the back seat as a garbage can. about every 6 months he cleans it up. Luckily I rarely get to experience it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work out of my car and carry alot of stuff and since I spend half the work day in it ... I do look like a coffee shop with the cups... but I too clean when it reaches seat level or about every 4-6 weeks

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just feel like people who have let things get to that point need compassion, understanding and HELP, not derision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't loook in other people's vehicles however I drive a truck and had to open the passenger side door to get my packages in and this car was parked really close so when I walked around to the passenger side I could not notice this!!