TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Flu, Maybe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flu, Maybe.

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I think I may have the flu. It's awful. My back/sides ache so bad and my legs and arms. I can hardly lift them. My throat also is scratchy and am starting to wheeze a bit (I also have pretty bad asthma). My poor head hurts and my eyeballs burn and hurt. Especially when I move them. And I have a bit of fever, am so sleepy and have absolutely no appetite. Could sure use some get well vibes.
post #2 of 28
Those definitely sound like flu symptoms Tammie It's not often i get flu *touches wood* but when i do i go like that and i just take to my bed and sleep.

Lots of healthy coming your way, but don't try and fight it whatever you do.
post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Those definitely sound like flu symptoms Tammie It's not often i get flu *touches wood* but when i do i go like that and i just take to my bed and sleep.

Lots of healthy coming your way, but don't try and fight it whatever you do.
Thanks. Yeah I don't get it often either. I can't have flu shot because I'm very allergic to eggs. Anyway, I'm going to pack myself into bed as soon as I can. I am waiting until 6:00 am when someone is in the lab so I can call and let them know I'm not coming in. It's taking forever for that clock to move!
post #4 of 28
Get well get well soon, we wish you to get well! Have you taken any meds yet?
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u View Post
I am waiting until 6:00 am when someone is in the lab so I can call and let them know I'm not coming in. It's taking forever for that clock to move!
It's a shame you didn't have anyones mobile so you could text them
post #6 of 28
I hope you get better soon
post #7 of 28
If you get to the doctor within 48 hours and get an antiviral, it could stop it in its tracks.
post #8 of 28
I hope you feel better **VIBES**. I think I'm coming down with a cold or flu too, sneezing, coughing, acheing, fever. it's not fun.
post #9 of 28
We hope you feel better soon! Tons of healing coming your way!
post #10 of 28
Hope you are feeling better soon
post #11 of 28
I second the call/visit to the doctor. My daughter woke up with flu last Thursday and we had Tamiflu on hand and she was better within hours. Went from 104.6 fever to around 100 in 3 hours and was back in school on Monday and doing swim practice with no problems.
post #12 of 28
Sending you lots of feel better vibes!
post #13 of 28
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For you feel better soon and donĀ“t be flu.........
post #14 of 28
Thread Starter 
I"m going to doctor now. Thanks everyone.
post #15 of 28
Awww Tammie I hope you feel better soon!
post #16 of 28
I hope you feel better soon.
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Went to doctor. Had some rapid detection test or something. They cram a small swab up your nose and swirl it for 30 seconds. Not comfortable. So.... I do have influenza. Got some good cough medicine with lortab in it and tamiflu. So now I'm ready to pass out for awhile. No work for me the rest of the week.
post #18 of 28
Happy to hear that the doctors figured it out & now you can get better! Sleep well! Z z z
post #19 of 28
Many get well coming that way!!!
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u View Post
Went to doctor. Had some rapid detection test or something. They cram a small swab up your nose and swirl it for 30 seconds. Not comfortable. So.... I do have influenza. Got some good cough medicine with lortab in it and tamiflu. So now I'm ready to pass out for awhile. No work for me the rest of the week.
Thankfully you went to the doctor. Hopefully now you can get some relief. Don't forget to drink lots of fluids! I hope you can get some rest too.
post #21 of 28
YIPPEE!!! It does my heart good to learn that someone has taken my medical advice. Tamiflu ROCKS!

BTW, if you live with someone, that person may want a script of Tamiflu to be used to prevent flu in him/her. Dh and I are both on it and we haven't gotten sick from my dd.

Cally
post #22 of 28
Tammie!
post #23 of 28
Lots of feel better soon vibes headed that way hon!
post #24 of 28
Take your meds, drink lots of fluids, tuck yourself into bed and forget the world until it feels interesting again. Feel better soon.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner View Post
YIPPEE!!! It does my heart good to learn that someone has taken my medical advice. Tamiflu ROCKS!

BTW, if you live with someone, that person may want a script of Tamiflu to be used to prevent flu in him/her. Dh and I are both on it and we haven't gotten sick from my dd.

Cally
I'm glad I could make your day! Really though, I was already planning on going and asking for tamiflu. I work in a large medical reference laboratory and we have a free health clinic. I called at 6:00 A.M. and got the first appointment still available. I'm kinda scared of this stuff though. It CAN cause hallucinations and other stuff and I live alone! Then again... could be fun. Especially along with the lortab cough suppressant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Tammie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Lots of feel better soon vibes headed that way hon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47 View Post
Take your meds, drink lots of fluids, tuck yourself into bed and forget the world until it feels interesting again. Feel better soon.
Thanks. I lay down, drift off and then wake up kind of restless. So It's good to know you guys are here pulling for me.
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
I'm feeling a lot better already tonight! Does that tamiflu make that big of a difference that fast? I actually feel like there's hope!
post #27 of 28
Yes, Tamiflu DOES. Just don't stop taking it, and be sure and REST through the weekend and drink those fluids.

Another satisfied Tamiflu customer....
post #28 of 28
Yay! Glad to hear it! My daughter had the flu a few years back when kids were dying from it here. Got her into the doctor and she only missed 1 day of school!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Flu, Maybe.