Hate to ask, but need vibes again...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, in the last week I've had some very strange (and painful) symptoms. I have had joint pain in many joints - thumbs, wrists, elbows, heels (not a joint, I know), ankle. I went to the doctor on Saturday, and they set up a rheumatoid arthritis screen for yesterday. I get my results tomorrow. My grandmother and great-grandmother both had it, and were very crippled. So I'm really hoping that's not what it is, I guess. Don't know what else it could be. Thanks, all.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was RA
I see they are going to test you for it.

Sending lots and lots of good vibes your way.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heels aren't that uncommon of an affected area, you have ligaments and tendons that attach to bone there and these can get inflammation in them.

Don't get your hopes up if you see that you're negative for rheumatoid factor, some people don't have it and there are several other types of arthritis that can do this to you too.

I wish you luck in actually finding out the cause. It's worse not knowing and worrying that there is damage being caused. If you're unlucky enough to test positive for it, please know there are a lot of better treatments now that can prevent you from ending like your grandmothers.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, in the last week I've had some very strange (and painful) symptoms. I have had joint pain in many joints - thumbs, wrists, elbows, heels (not a joint, I know), ankle. I went to the doctor on Saturday, and they set up a rheumatoid arthritis screen for yesterday. I get my results tomorrow. My grandmother and great-grandmother both had it, and were very crippled. So I'm really hoping that's not what it is, I guess. Don't know what else it could be. Thanks, all.
if it helps ive had it too :S

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many vibes for you to find out what is causing your pain and even more for treating what is causing it.
I get very bad pain in most my joints, and my fingers and toes on one side go numb and tingle, mine is from a car accident though, (broke both legs, an ankle, a wrist, hand, several toes and foot bones and ribs and dislocated my hip and shoulder,) so not much probley could be done. but I hope you can figure out why you are feeling painful and get it taken care of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Any news? Did the results come in yet?
Well, it's kind of weird...good news - Rheumatoid Factor was negative - sed rate was zero, no sign of bacterial infection.

BUT, my CRP (cardio reactive protein) level is extremely high. It's supposed to be between 1 and 3. And it's 60.2!!!
They say that means some sort of inflammation so I have to call a rheumatologist. And things still hurt. Mostly my ankle right now. How bizarre is that? Anyway, the vibes worked, no RA that they can tell!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that's good news, Kim!
that further testing turns up something that's easily dealt with.