What is Wrong with People!

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a lady call the shelter today and no lie this is how the conversation went...

Me: Hi, can I help you?

Her: Yeah, I was wondering if you had any large breeds that are purebred?

Me: No ma'am. Most of the breeds we get are mixed. Sometimes we get in purebreeds but we don't have any right now.

Her: How about small breeds? Do you have any of them that are purebred?

Me: Umm.. no ma'am. You are more than welcome to come to the shelter and see what we have. Maybe someone will grab your attention.

Her: I highly doubt any mutt will grab my attention!
CLICK!

This is why I am beginning to hate people!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, see...that would have been the perfect opportunity to say "Why, yes...we have several pure Labrabulls at the moment. But they're very, very expensive."

On second thought, forget it...no dog deserves such a stupid owner.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, I wouldn't let someone with that attitude adopt any pet! Didn't she hear you the first time that you didn't have purebreds? IMO, she was looking to get a purebred for cheap compared to a proper breeder and she didn't seem to think that a mixed breed is just as wonderful as a purebred, if not better sometimes since some purebreds have genetic problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And I also hate it when people come in and ask if we "sell" animals. NO! We ADOPT them out. Then some people ask if they have to pay. Yes, we expect you to be able to afford them because that might be an indication if you have enough money to take them to the vet. I could take up an entire board of how much I hate dealing with the people who come into the shelter.
I wish I could just deal with the animals.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she doesn't ever find one that does grab her attention. She doesn't want a dog to love, she wants a status symbol and she wants to get one "cheap."

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Now, see...that would have been the perfect opportunity to say "Why, yes...we have several pure Labrabulls at the moment. But they're very, very expensive."

Well stated!!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Humans are one of the most consitently unintelligent species I have ever met in my life!

I hope she never gets an animal. I hope one day she wakes up and realizes where her head has been all these years. . .

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I have had to deal with my fair share of buttheads, too. Sometimes you just wonder why they want a pet in the first place!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I hope she doesn't ever find one that does grab her attention. She doesn't want a dog to love, she wants a status symbol and she wants to get one "cheap."
Your shelter dogs got off LUCKY!!! I pity the poor purebred that lands in her "home" - it reminds me of the Bible proverb that says it's better to live in a tent eating herbs if there is love than eating a feast in a mansion where there is no love [the Bible says it much better than I do]

7felines

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UNFORTUNATELY there are All kinds of people in this world---she Doesn't Deserve the LOVE of any Animal--Hopefully when she does find a pet she will treat it well.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. Some people. If she wants a purebred, why is she calling a shelter in the first place? She's probably got loads of money to go to a pet store that specializes in purebreeding. Geesh, common sense has died a horrible death when it comes to stuff like that..

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could have educated her on the fact that there really is no such thing as a purebred domestic cat or dog. All our so called "purebreds" are generations of mixed breeding until you bring out the traits you like, then only breed with the same after that. So, you can tell someone this the next time, that there is no real thing as a purebred. Nothing wrong with a mixed breed cat or dog. This woman should never get a pet in the first place.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats unfortunate that the lady didn't even give those dogs a chance who happen to be mutts. Mutts can be the best dogs to have
But if she is going to act in that manner, then she doesn't deserve one of those beautiful dogs at your shelter...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

My thoughts exactly!

I remember a similar situation when I was in the process of adopting Linus.
The shelter had a beautiful Siamese that had already been adopted and was just waiting to be picked up.

A lady came in to inquire whether it was still available, the attendant said no, but they had plenty of other cats and kittens up for adoption.
The lady replied, " I don't just want any old cat."
The attendant answered and I applauded her for this " Well I am sure they don't want just any old owner, Thanks for your interest.."