Do you like...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fruits and vegetables. What are you favorites. My favorite fruit is apples and vegetable is broccoli. I would eat fruits and veggies everyday but they're so expensive.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, that's a hard question... in the fruit category, i like things in the berry family best: strawberries, blueberries, cherries, avocados... altho i also really like bananas & cantaloupe.
favorite veggies are: onions, yellow squash, okra, green beans [NOT canned ones, tho], spinach [NOT canned!], & mushrooms.
i also like some of the 'starchy' veggies, which i consider starches, not veggies [years of dieting, what can i say?] white potatoes, sweet potatoes, green peas, black-eyed peas, lima beans, crowder peas, lentils, corn... i could go on & on with these!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love vegetables for sure. Fruits I only like in season, i.e., apples in September/October, Strawberries in June, etc. I do, however, ensure we have fresh fruit available all winter, namely clementines, bananas, apples, pears, grapes, sometimes kiwi - it really depends on what looks good/fresh when I'm doing the shopping. Hubby always has several kinds of fruit with his cereal.

Vegetable favourites are broccoli, spinach, carrots, potatoes of course, green beans, asparagus and artichoke, oh, heck I pretty much love all vegetables. I LOVE carrot juice too. One of my very favourites is beet tops instead of spinach but they are hard to find.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer vegetables, what I don't eat already I am willing to try. I even like brussel sprouts.

There's very few fruits I like, and only when they're in season - tomatoes, strawberries, peaches, and plums. This is likely why my potassium level is usually too low, though I almost got it up to proper level during the summer with all the tomatoes I ate.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

One of my very favourites is beet tops instead of spinach but they are hard to find.
Grow them. It would be easy during the summer and with a proper spectrum bulb you could grow them inside too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dietician once asked me if I had to give up all food groups except for one, which would I keep.

I told her "Fruit!"

She didn't like that answer
Fruit has lots of sugar and starch and is converted to fat.

But it's still my food group of choice!

I love all fruits and vegetables.

If I had to only have 1 of each.... I would go with Strawberries and Yellow Beans.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For fruit I am going to go with the banana. And for vegetables I love mushrooms and potatos. I have to say that I like vegetables a lot more than fruit. For me it's the texture of the fruit that I don't really like. You know, especially the squishy fruit. But I like the taste. If that makes any sense! Anyway, I have to go

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all fruits. Mmmmm those sweet, juicy Golden Delicious apples
. As far as veggies go, I like most of them but there are some that I don't like such as cauliflower and broccoli.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of sweet fruit, I just don't have a sweet tooth at all - but all and any veg or fruit that is for savoury use rather than desserts (tomatoes, green peppers, you know what I mean) I absolutely love all of it, I could quite happily live on veg - and as it happens I do a lot of the time

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

fruits and vegetables. What are you favorites. My favorite fruit is apples and vegetable is broccoli. I would eat fruits and veggies everyday but they're so expensive.
My mother had this bad habit of overcooking every veggie until they were mush so I grew up hating all veggies. It was many years of eating veggies that were cooked but still crunchy that I truly started to like them. Everything but broccoli that is.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say my favorite veggies are asparagus, zucchini and broccoli. My favorite fruit has always been peaches with watermelon and Mango's a close second.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE fruit. When I was growing up, we had peach trees, a pear tree, sweet and sour cherry trees, grapevines, apple tree (good for baking only), big juicy strawberries growing wild in the field next door, some kind of fruit tree that looked like little purple footballs, we called it a prune tree. No idea what they really were, but they were good, tasted like a plum. Currents. It was awesome, but it's spoiled me for not being crazy about the stuff you get in stores.

I don't care for melons though.

Veggies, not so much. Carrots are good if they're raw.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love veggies! I love and crave iceberg salad (no dressing), steamed broccoli and cauliflower, carrots and sweet potatoes!
As for fruits, I like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, watermelon and sweet melon. I'm not too crazy about the tangy fruits though.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pretty much all of them!
My favorite fruit is avacado, my fav veggie is a tossup between brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm Most veggies i dont like, but eat cause well i should.
Fruit, hmm grapes are good, cherries,bannanas but the best fruit i found that i like
i have not seen around here.
jack fruit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit i love the dried chips
Rambutan- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambutan
mango- omg, the mango you could get overseas, makes are looks sad.

ehe i miss the days of being, able to just walk outside, and grab a mango

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm picky about fruits. I LOVE bananas...but they don't love me (if you get my meaning). I love the taste of apples, but have a hard time digesting them. Grapes are great, but the best I have EVER found is a starfruit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carambola

Now, isn't tomato actually a fruit? If so, I LOVE them!

For veggies, I love broccoli, onions, lettuce, carrots, radishes...actually anything that you can put into a salad. We are planting a good size garden this spring, and I hope to satisfy my veggie craving without having to go to the market!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! Apples, grapes, and broccoli! I drink a lot more pure fruit juice instead of eating fruit because the juice is cheaper.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love asian pears, strawberries,apples, peaches,pears,grapes,kiwi,grapefruit, tomatoes for veggies I love carrots,peas,green beans, potatoes,kale,romaine lettuce,red cabbage,mushrooms,celery...I think thats about it I dont like anything canned it has to be fresh!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My very favorite fruits have to be:

pineapples
strawberries
coconuts
blueberries
raspberries
bananas
honey crisp apples

tangerines
lychee
green grapes
nectarines
peaches
avacado
plums
cherries
cantaloupe
kiwi
mango
watermelon
....the list could go on and on- i LOVE LOVE LOVE fruit!!!!!!!
There's always a ton of it in our house!

Vegetables that i love:

Romaine Lettice
Boston Lettice
FreshBaby Spinach

Corn- ohhhhh yummy!!!
Fresh Broccoli with ranch dressing
English Peas

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really eat many fruits. I love veggies though. My favorites are green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, corn, carrots (only when cooked), romain lettuce for salads and stuff, asparagus, brussel sprouts, and green, banana, or jalepeno peppers. I love veggies and veggie dip..or dipped in hidden valley ranch dressing. I also love salads.

We eat alot more veggies now that we have the birds. We have to keep fruit and veggies around for them so we end up eating better.