Mmmmmm drugs

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart rate has been a bit weird today, and my chest has been a bit sore, and my breathing laboured. I haven't needed painkillers during the day since I got home from hospital, but I thought I'd take 2 Percoset since I'm pretty the sure I'm not breathing properly because I've strained the already injured muscles in my chest.

They seem to have kicked in. My head feels all light and happy, and I have a sense of calm through me.

I hadn't really noticed the effects of the Percoset before, but because it's been a while since I've had them, they're really affecting me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been on Percoset before. (Percoset with Valium) I don't remember too much of that week. DH was overseas and I had to focus to remember that we had talked on the phone. Made the week go by nice and fast.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better living through chemistry

I try not to take anything at all for pain if I can help it, but I do keep valium on hand for when I just can't stand it any longer.

Hope you heal quickly

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Oh the wonders of drugs... In the military, they would give out huge ibuprofen 'horse pills' like candy.
I have a bunch of those the 800 milagram ibuprofen they give those out for everything from a sore joint to knee surgery.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Share? (Kidding!)

Since we're still in the diagnosis phase with my wrist, my Dr. doesn't want me on serious narcotics so we know if the cortisone shots are working, if it's getting worse or better, etc. (I asked at my last appt.) So I just take an NSAID and Advil. It's not cutting it.
That Percoset with Valium sounds heavenly right now since I haven't been sleeping well due to the pain...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Share? (Kidding!)
I have a bunch left over if you want some, I'll give you a good price!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, my turn! Gimme! lol

Lowerback/uterus (pms pain....been good in not taking naprogesic for once *sighs*). Shoulderblade/elbow (slept funny last night). STRESS!!!! Moving house, scrubbing/vacuuming, getting told last minute new owners want to visit and look over house tomorrow night. Need to get sir poopalots anti-depressants for a smooth transition into the new house.

Oh and i need sleep. Poop. I've got some natural sleep aid tablets my mum gave me, they're herbal and not chemical, and i reeeally want to use them, but i've read valerian can mess about with contraception (that's only one of 4 ingredients so i have no idea how much they mean). Anyone know?

On a serious note, i'm SO glad you're back here with us, and on the road to recovery *HUGE hugs*. Hopefully those annoying chest niggles will settle down again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh the wonders of drugs... In the military, they would give out huge ibuprofen 'horse pills' like candy.
Originally Posted by wildfire203

I have a bunch of those the 800 milagram ibuprofen they give those out for everything from a sore joint to knee surgery.
Ooh I'm out of those! Don't know how many bottles full we had between DH's knee injuries/foot surgery and my back injury.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I must confess one of the greates moments in my life was taking half a Diapam pre-op. When the anesthesiologist tried to put me on IV, I thought he wanted to shake my hand and responded accordingly.

Get well soon!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well dang, I have never got to try any of those "mmmmm drugs"..too bad, they sound lovely

I'm glad you are feeling better now Sarah!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate drugs like that
That's how I feel normally I don't need and help feeling goofy
I am lethargic as a rule anyhoo so no I don't like the downers

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well as it turns out, I have an irregular heartbeat which apparently is quite common after heart surgery. They don't do anything for it, your heart just needs time to settle down. It feels weird though - when it happens my heart beat gets really strong and I get really conscious of it - it feels like it's going to thump out of my chest!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you were hurting to the point of needing the pain meds.I hope that as the days go by, the pain eases.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually don't really need any pain meds any more, it was just that my breathing was shallow, which is generally caused by a sore chest. It was only a little sore at the time, but Ibuprofen didn't fix it. As it turns out, the shallow breathing was probably due to the atrial fibrillation, not a sore chest.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I actually don't really need any pain meds any more, it was just that my breathing was shallow, which is generally caused by a sore chest. It was only a little sore at the time, but Ibuprofen didn't fix it. As it turns out, the shallow breathing was probably due to the atrial fibrillation, not a sore chest.
Glad to know your feeling better at least!!

Did you know that if that doesn't settle back to a normal pace that they can fix it for you fairly easily? My Papa had his entire left lung removed in September, and afterwards suffered from an atrial fib. It never settled back down, and his resting heartbeat was staying somewhere in the 120's range. So last week he saw his cardiologist and they put him to sleep and then zapped him with a defibrillator. Since then he's back in rhythm and his resting rate stays in the 70's.
I hope yours settles back on its own!!

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

LOL Military Issue Candy!!!!

I used to have bottles and bottles of it!