you, yes you, your the one that almost killed me.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Standing in line wating to buy my normal on the way to work stuff. This women keeps looking me.

finally i ask her if i could help her or was she just looking for a date.

she goes, i think i know you, your the person that almost killed me. at which point one women got of of line.

i said, really, i dont seem to have done a very good job at it since you standing there, sorry i promise to do better next time.

she goes no, you dont remember?
she said remember the demo flight you took me on back in 86?

oh yea, hehe, now i remember, A teacher came into the school who was thinking abotu taking flying lessons.
SO since i was there, and she was kinda pretty i said of course i would take her for a ride for free.what can i say i was normal guy back then.

so off we go, i do the walk thru, and stuff with her, all the nomral pre-flight stuff. Take off, and BAM, big bang, motor stops.

i broke one of the major rules that day, i turned around to go back to the airport. My guess was there i had enough altitude to trade for speed and distance, to make it back to the grass runway,

well i was right we made it, i remember after landing i said give me a min and i will get us another plane to which she said no thanks and left.

lol a little later my hands where shaking so bad i could not light a smoke or drink any coffee..

funny i did not remember her at all.

oh yea, i wanted to add, how was it that i almost killed her geeee.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! Did you just block the whole incident from your memory?

And didn't you just ask me for $20 million a few hours ago...something about starting an air company?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zao_cat

You got so scared you blacked it out!
naw, i remember everthing i did, I just did not remember her.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

And didn't you just ask me for $20 million a few hours ago...something about starting an air company?
yea sure, i still fly, just never been able to find a full time job doing that

i would love to buy my own and open my own flying business.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Mental note, never get on a place with Bruce flying!
who you kidding you dont want to get in plane with anyone flying :p

i just hit 715 hours in fix wing, as PIC. Now if you add in helicopters that would be over 1000. Who knows how many hours i spent sitting in commerical aircraft. that is still the only time i have had something that bad happen. the only other thing i had happen is my radio went out once.

hmm unless you count the time i was student pilot and got stuck with no money in my pocket for three days.i learned then to take a credit card with me, even if i was flying the school planes.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Bruce, I will NOT be putting money in your Lear Jet fund...even though you've offered to fly me to any cat show I want...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

No Bruce, I will NOT be putting money in your Lear Jet fund...even though you've offered to fly me to any cat show I want...
yea yea, i even went to all the trouble to set up a pay pal account just for the lear jet fund
oh wait, that was cat shows in Asia, not america or EU.

fine be that way, if dont want me to fly over from singapore or indo
oh wait, i can drive from singapore or take the train, but what fun would that be
I guess i will just keeping hoping to win the lottery for the big money.. hmm oh wait, dont i have to play to win ?

hhe i would perfer this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_X but it cost more then lear does.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

BRUCE! quit trying to kill people!
yoru taking all the fun out of my life

kidding

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I guess that made an impression on her (not that if she was going to get killed and you were going to walk away from the flight).

I would've asked her if she had a fear of flights...just for my own curiousity

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i did ask , she has never been on a plane since.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol that ok, i seem to have that effect on women

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom's ex-fiance' was a pilot. He had a saying that went something like, "A good landing means you can use the plane again. A bad landing..." Now I can't remember all of it.

He and my mom are ex-fiance's because his last landing wasn't a good landing. RIP Lee.

Sounds like you had a good landing because you were able to use the plane again.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnneRiceBowl

, A good landing means you can use the plane again. A bad landing

Sounds like you had a good landing because you were able to use the plane again.
means you make the news at 7 & 11, is that how it went?

outside of not having a second chance to get it right.
everything, went normal.

lol there are reasons you should read the what if section in the aircrafts manuals

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

means you make the news at 7 & 11, is that how it went?

outside of not having a second chance to get it right.
everything, went normal.

lol there are reasons you should read the what if section in the aircrafts manuals
I absolutely love flying! Not sure I would like to be behind the controls of a plane, but I love being a passenger.

The very first time I flew was a horrid nightmare! Winnipeg Airport is known for sometimes being problematic for landing when it comes to wind.

Leaving Winnipeg to Edmonton, Alberta was uneventful. Coming back, not so much!
Going there I was very nervous and I wouldn't let anyone around me have their window blind open!
And my feet were braced against the legs of the seat in front of me and my co-workers arm was numb because I was hanging onto her so tightly! I was more relaxed on the trip home though

Trying to land in Winnipeg proved to be a real chore. There were really strong gusting winds, and the winds kept changing directions. We ended up having to circle the airport for about 45 minutes while other planes were landing...or rather, trying to land. Then our turn came! The pilot would start the decent towards the airport runway only to have to suddenly pull up and circle to approach from a different angle because the wind had changed. He had to do that 4 or 5 times before the wind stayed steady enough for him to get the plane to the ground! My ears were so plugged that I was nearly deaf for 3 days.

I didn't fly again for years not because I was scared, but because I didn't have the opportunity. But in 2003 I went to Detroit and asked for window seats! It was amazing!