8-Bit, Vick's Vapo Rub, and sleep...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear I have one odd cat. I've had some chest congestion lately, so I've been putting Vick's Vapor Rub on my chest to open up my nose and air way passages.

8-Bit is in love. I swear I can't get him off of me, and as I sit here he's laying UNDER the keyboard purring away. It's only the sound of the clicking of the keys that is keeping him awake.

When I've tried to sleep he sits ON my chest and attempts to shove his furry face in mine to get a nice whiff. I've had to lock him out of the bedroom. Something about my predatory instincts won't let me sleep as a potentially dangerous animal sticks his face in mine.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main active ingredient is an extract of peppermint which is rich in similar turpenoids to catnip - so he probably thinks you're a giant catnip banana - just don't take to wearing yellow pyjamas or you really will be in trouble

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

The main active ingredient is an extract of peppermint which is rich in similar turpenoids to catnip - so he probably thinks you're a giant catnip banana - just don't take to wearing yellow pyjamas or you really will be in trouble
I have yellow PJ bottoms. I'll avoid wearing them for the time being.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My bosses cat didn't react to catnip but boy if you rub on the vics vapor rub he would go crazy. Just another feline quirk.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson does the samething. The first time it happened he was biting DH's arm and wouldn't let go. He was hanging in the air too. LoL

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha my girls love the Vicks as well - it's a sure way to make sure you get extra love when you're sick...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Chynna and Abby love the stuff too!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle is that way about Ben-Gay. All over me!

And a previous cat, York, would lick it off my dad then go knead mom's nylon nightgown.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe if you have a humidifier- you can put some Vicks inside of that and it will help you breathe easier without the kitty trying to lick you to death
8-Bit cracks me up

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never seen cats that loved the smell of Vicks...silly rascals!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this makes me feel better. I just posted today about Jordan preety much attacking me last night because I was wearing Vicks. No one responded, so I thought I was the only one with a strange cat. Although sometimes when I read about 8-Bit, I think he and Jordan are related.

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I just bought some vicks an HOUR AGO on the suggestion it would keep my kitty from biting & scratching me! Veeerrrry interesting! Can't wait too what happens! hmmmmm

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
it's the menthol. Java's nuts for it too - i have to keep my cigs put away when i'm not home, or she'll open them up & shred them [i smoke menthols].

jeep_kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I honestly thought it was just my sons cat who tries to eat Vaporub, he will be pleased!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's about time we got another 8-Bit story. I had started to have withdrawal symptoms.
What a love he is.

My Siamese, Susie, would go nuts and try to lick my face every time I used Noxema to cleanse. She loved it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know my Jordan likes it when I shave my legs with the Intuition razor. I've changed which type I buy hoping that whatever was in the soap around the razor would be differnt, but he sure likes something about that soap. If I don't rinse my legs very well, he licks my legs, rubs on them & then plops down and bites my legs.