Taxes are DONE!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several things I LOVE about the company I work for, and one of them is that they e-mail me my W-2. The day I get it I go to H & R Block online and file. It's a matter of cut, paste, click, and enter.

Taxes are easy when you don't: own anything, have any children, and only work one job.

I should get my return by the start of next week!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome
I'm still waiting for my W-2...most likely it'll be the end of the month before I get mine.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We officially e-filed ours on the 10th and the IRS accpeted it yesterday.

Even with kids (younger ones anyways). This year we filed it ourselves. We bought the TaxCut software from H&R block. It was federal, state, and e-file for 65.00. That sure bets over 200.00 to have someone else do it. We direct deposited it this year so it should be here next week sometime.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking a quite a nice refund this year due to all the dental work I had done.

I will be getting my T4(Canadian version of a W2) on Friday and if all goes well should be able to file my taxes next week sometime.

I agree things go quickly when your single, have no children and only work on job.....however it does put me into a higher tax bracket meaning I pay a ton of income tax. It will be nice to get some back.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH and I can't wait to get our return back. That'll help us get a jump start on the bills and then we'll put the rest towards savings for a car.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yea!! I don't have to do my taxes this year since I'm deployed and 2008 taxes will be real easy cause I'll only taxed for about 3 months out of the year. Finally something good about being deployed!
But I'll have to file two year of taxes at once and that could be annoying.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The past 2 years DH and I have owed money. My company wasn't taking enough. Hopefully I got that straightend out before they laid me off.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to seeing what this year brings.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No W-2s yet here either! I remember last year we got them like January 30th.

I was a self employed nanny, so I'll owe this year!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know what you mean! mine were avail on the 9th, and i had them done the 10th, and had the money on the 11th, on my emrald card.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I sold some stock last year and other things and they do not have to mail you forms until the 31st. And that is exactly when they mail everything which causes a bottleneck in the mail system. It'll be a month before I will be done.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting on my W-2s (so is DH...we both work for the same place), as well as my form for the student loan payments. If you are paying on student loans, look into the paid interest deductions.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
haven't gotten mine yet either, my main job is usually pretty good, should have them soon, but my second job I don't get them until the 31st
I really hope I do not owe this year, even if I just break even I will be happy

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I'm still waiting on my W-2s (so is DH...we both work for the same place), as well as my form for the student loan payments. If you are paying on student loans, look into the paid interest deductions.
I got mine from my student loan the other day - along with the one from my landlord

Now I'm just waiting for them from my job I had for a whopping 3 months & this job. .

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Man, I wish I could say the same. No W2's here, either... which is a shame, because I'm broke and could really use my tax return

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No W2 yet plus we haven't received any info on our investments yet. This might be the year we don't have to pay in!!! We usually don't start working on ours until March anyhow with me being self employed and having the farm property too.