Popsie just helped himself

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was eating Arbys and of course Popsie was right there begging. I gave him some roast beef because he's spoiled. I was trying to keep the rest of my sandwich away from him when he bent his head down and snatched a curly fry right of my plate!!! It was the biggest one too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bayley does this all the time! He'll be sitting there watching me eat so intently, and if I look away, he'll take his little paw and swipe something from my plate!
Most of the time I don't notice until he's run away with it, growling at Harley to stay away from his prized dinner

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you can't expect him to eat a sandwich without fries, can you?

Tailer actually has the most remarkable sense of fairness when it comes to stealing food. I can leave a plate sit on the table and walk out of the room and he won't touch it. As soon as I get back, though, he'll try to steal it out from under my nose.

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's really cute. I can't have a glass of anything sitting out because Snickers will have her little face in lapping away.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe! So cute!

Abby is my polite girl! She doesn't like people food, but she wants to know what I'm eating anytime...especially if I decide to take a snack with me to bed (I know... eating before sleeping is a no-no when you want to lose weight). She will lay down next to me and get such a cute, mellow look on her face and purrrr, purrr, purrr while I scritch her head and neck. While all the while slightly adjusting her position so that you don't really notice
that she's actually inching her way towards my food!
Once she's close enough she will wait for you to offer it to her so that she can either smell it or give it a lick or two before jumping off the bed. If it's one of those sweet & salty yogurt granola bars, she will lick off all of the yogurt. And if it's a graham cracker or chcolate carametl rice cake, she will lick those with relish too!

Now Chynna on the other hand... she has absolutely no manners! When she wants something she will take it. And if she can't get to it easily, she will paw at my leg or my hand, push her head into me as if she is trying to push me out of the way, and if that doesn't work she will walk right across my head. I can try putting her on the floor but she jumps back up and the more I ignore her the more demanding she gets with her pawing and meowing.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Yesterday I was eating Arbys and of course Popsie was right there begging. I gave him some roast beef because he's spoiled. I was trying to keep the rest of my sandwich away from him when he bent his head down and snatched a curly fry right of my plate!!! It was the biggest one too.
Yeah, I know. Persi no longer begs. He sneaks in from all direction to just steal things off of my plate when I'm not looking!
I usually eat in front of the TV set so he can come in from behind me or the sides or the coffee table, etc. He will find a way. But, he doesn't beg any more!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF's dearly departed cat, Cato, would circle the dining table, rub and meow and then sit and stare at us if he liked the smell of what we were eating. If he did this, we would give him a tiny bit and he'd be satisfied.

However, one time my BF fixed himself a plate of baked chicken that I had made and got up from the table to get a drink (he was dining solo that night). He was only gone into the kitchen for a few seconds. When he came back, there was Cato on the table, with his claws in that chicken breast, trying his darndest to drag it away like a big cat does with game!!

Of course, my BF retrieved the chicken, scolded the cat and then gave him some!!