Pictures from the shelter:

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
I volunteer at a non Kill Non Profit shelter every saturday, myself and another volunteer try and take the pictures for the website, and the 'cat of the month' videos.

The shelter is great but the cages are old, they were handmade, so as you can imagine a few years of cat pee and scratching they look quite bad in the pictures, we had been experimenting with ways to make the cages look nice, we tried photo editing them but that was hard work, also the lighting in the cages proved to cause problems, we tried hanging material in the cages, and then yesterday one of the volunteers made a frame using plastic piping and joiners shaped like a goal post that we could hang our material over and also we could use in the 'sun room' wheer it was nice and light and sunny and a favorite place of all the cats. I think it worked perfectly, here are my favorite pictures from Saturday:

Madeline is about 18 months old, she is a friendly playful cat, that loves to jump on your back if you are down low cleaning cages, she likes to try and rule the roost with the other cats at the shelter, and she certainly has allot of personality.

Bear was abandoned when her new owner purchased a kitten, because she was unfriendly towards it, however Bear seems to be quite friendly with the other shelter cats, and even shares her bed with some of them, she is a beautiful Main Coon Mix so she is very fluffy.

Martina is almost 6 months old and is still quite shy, she had been rescued from some woods with her 2 sisters, she is very inquisitive and loves to see what is going on, she had to have a good look when we were taking pictures of the other cats.

I thought id share the other pictures too, they just are not my favorite...

Bear

Madeline

Gemma

Scarlet (Martina's sister)

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing your photos from the shelter

We absolutely love Bear, she is so very pretty & fluffy!
If we could we would want a girl cat that looks like her!

Shes one of those cats that we would see in a shelter & want to take her home with us

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
I have a weakness for scarlet, she is so cute to look at, she has been at the shelter maybe 2 or three months and has only just started purring, she used to be such a growler....

Bear is lovely, she is very soft and cuddly, she loves people, we were surprised to see her sharing her bed in her cage(the cats roam free when we are there) with another cat after being told she doesn't get on with them, poor bear
oh and bear is female LOL her name is quite masculine though, apparently when she was a kitten she was all brown and looked like a bear, hence her name

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

I have a weakness for scarlet, she is so cute to look at, she has been at the shelter maybe 2 or three months and has only just started purring, she used to be such a growler....

Bear is lovely, she is very soft and cuddly, she loves people, we were surprised to see her sharing her bed in her cage(the cats roam free when we are there) with another cat after being told she doesn't get on with them, poor bear
Scarlet is a beautiful girl too. That is great that she isn't growling as much, thats definitely a good improvement! Seems like Bear just needed some time to get along with other cats... Poor girly

Hopefully they can find their forever homes
They are all so lovely

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, those are great pics!! They are all such beautiful kitties
....but Bear! I wouldn't be able to pass her by...she looks so sweet!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous

if it weren't such a dang long drive, I'd be there to get Bear in a second!