Someone peed on my money!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put 600 euros (around $500) in a large bowl on the counter because I didn't like to carry it in my purse, and I needed it to pay the workmen who will be here tomorrow and want cash. As I was doing some ironing this afternoon I was folding clothes and as I moved the bowl, I realised that it was all wet. Someone (I really don't know who) has peed in the bowl on top of all the notes. I rinsed each one carefully, laid them on a towel and patted them dry. All I can say is, thank goodness they were not shredded as well. My carpenter, who is here today, laughed like mad and said he would accept a cheque!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That would be so funny unless there was so much money involved. Good job for being able to save the cash.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right on the exchange rate - I was working it the other way. Anyway, it is all safe now, dry and in my desk in an envelope.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apparently, someone wanted that money spent on them instead and didn't like your plans for it??
I agree...funny and gross

It's hilarious that the carpenter said he didn't need cash! I bet the other workers would change their minds if they only knew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny - only yesterday I was complaining to someone that horses pee and poop in their food, something a self-respecting and healthy cat would NEVER do. I guess they had to do something to redress the balance.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess they were making a point that your money should be spent on them.
Gives a new meaning to the term "money laundering" though.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup double check to see if anyone has symptoms of a UTI. I agree with washing it in the wash machine....you know how often that happens!

Maybe they were telling you to spend it on them and not anywhere else!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hate that! I have one cat that will pee on anything that is left on the counter. If the counter is clean, she leaves it alone, but if there is mail or any paper laying up there, she will pee on it in a heart beat! I think it's her way of telling me to straighten up "her counter" more often.
I've taken her to the vet and she is fine...just a brat! At least money can be washed, try washing your electric bill!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like one of your babies was making a statement about our money-driven society, or some such thing!