Lorelei needs to work on her litterbox aim

rebochan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is driving me bonkers. I have two covered litter boxes. Lorelei seems to like have her tail exposed when she needs to poop. Needless to say, she only makes it into the litterbox about 50% of the time and the rest of the time there's poop all over the floor in front of the box.

While the obvious option is to take the covers off the boxes, I can't because Carter hurls litter like crazy. I'm talking explosion of litter with a kitten at ground zero.

So is there some way I can teach Lorelei to get all the way in the box? I'm going crazy cleaning up after her misses. I have mats now to make clean up easier, but that doesn't fix the initial problem.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rebochan

This is driving me bonkers. I have two covered litter boxes. Lorelei seems to like have her tail exposed when she needs to poop. Needless to say, she only makes it into the litterbox about 50% of the time and the rest of the time there's poop all over the floor in front of the box.

While the obvious option is to take the covers off the boxes, I can't because Carter hurls litter like crazy. I'm talking explosion of litter with a kitten at ground zero.

So is there some way I can teach Lorelei to get all the way in the box? I'm going crazy cleaning up after her misses. I have mats now to make clean up easier, but that doesn't fix the initial problem.
Oddly enough, I cured a similar problem by putting a flap on the entrance. Alley would not go all the way in when peeing but did when I put the flap on.
BTW the reason I put the flap on was because she flung litter everywhere.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also had a hooded box but my Rosie and Jack used to fling their litter practically across the other side of the room. I swear if they could win a trophy for the best litter flinger, these two would come out tops!

I solved the problem though after speaking to other members here, and i bought 3 large storage boxes. The result, no more litter flinging

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I also had a hooded box but my Rosie and Jack used to fling their litter practically across the other side of the room. I swear if they could win a trophy for the best litter flinger, these two would come out tops!

I solved the problem though after speaking to other members here, and i bought 3 large storage boxes. The result, no more litter flinging
This could work! She probably prefers her tail to be free of confinement......