clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol cute.. hmm i cant really oh wait,
I know a guy that sold his world of warcraft account for 1200 dollars
really why would someone what to buy another person account
You'd be surprised...I'll bet someone bids on it! Lots of people want to play the games, but they don't want to put the time in to become powerful. My BIL used to play one of those online games and sold the "weapons" he acquired on ebay...made money doing it too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the funniest "for sale" on eBay that I have ever seen!

http://www.nomarriage.com/ebay_wedding_dress.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...ay-bride_x.htm

A couple years ago I saw an auction for 2 surfer dudes who were selling themselves on eBay.

I saw an empty jar that claimed to have some microscopic alien life form in it or something....or maybe it was a spirit .. the jar was empty anyway, LOL

I don't browse through eBay. The ony time I go there is if I see a link that someone posted. That's how I found out about all of the above. I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol cute.. hmm i cant really oh wait,
I know a guy that sold his world of warcraft account for 1200 dollars
really why would someone what to buy another person account
I used to play a computer game and had 2 accounts. All of my characters were maxed out on skills and stats and were grandmasters in all of their desired skills, had high titles and each account was very lucrative with in game currency and rares. All of the tamers pets were grandmastered with their skills and had high stats too. My characters were several years old and qualified for certain in game gifts and rewards that other newer characters didn't and I had several unused gifts/rewards that could still be picked.

I saw lesser accounts selling for about $1,000 on eBay. When I quit the game I considered selling my accounts. But I found the idea quite creepy that someone other than me would be roaming around in the game with characters that I spend hundreds of hours building up. Plus I had developed a certain reputation in the game and I didn't like the thought that someone who might be playing my characters would undo that, or maybe even hurt someone through their actions. So I just let my game codes expire. That was about 4 or 5 years ago.