Okay to leave alone?

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have been with each other a little over 2 weeks now. They don't fight or hiss, though they are not friends & they get along well at night. My question is, you think they are ready to be left alone compelty unsupervised? I really hate separating them when we go to work.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they together when you sleep? That is basically like being alone.......If you are worried at all, I would leave them alone together for short periods first, a couple hours on a day off....

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they equal in size and strength, or is one a little kitten vs a grown cat?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two big cats and one three month old kitten. The adult female does not particularly like the kitten but the kitten hangs out with Persi, the male. I leave them alone, confident that Persi would take care of the kitten should the female try to start anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

Are they equal in size and strength, or is one a little kitten vs a grown cat?
They are both 12lb males, one is 2.5yrs the other is 5.5yrs. They are pretty equal in strength.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you left them alone when you go out for an hour or two yet? I would test it out first with shorter times, and then progress from there

Good luck!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, if you've left them together alone for a quick shopping trip (few hrs) and nothing has happend, then it should be ok all day.

Just be sure both have their nails clipped short. Most times as long as they have a room to escape from each other, its ok