Always throwing up

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lately it seems like every time I feed Skye she eats it all so fast she ends up throwing it all back up. I haven't changed her diet or brand of food. Is she simply stuffing herself too much or do you think it could be more?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what is she eating>>?? how much is she eating??

how old is she??

Is she throwing up the food whole?? or digested food with hair or just digested food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is 7 months. It looks like the food is whole. I remember the other day when she did it my roommate was asking if she even chews her food because it still all looked in tact.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh ya I only give her like 2/3 a cup of dry Iams kitten. Some stuff she's had since we got her.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats by NATURE are NOT chewers they rip and tear their food.... if it is whole likely causes

eating too fast ... elevated dishes or a flat dish can help this

food allergies ie grains and food coloring in the food

or more serious issue s a vet should check her out...

she may have corn issues ... as iams is a very very small kibble

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know I just realized that my SO has been carpeting her kitty tree/house and there's little carpet pieces all over the floor that he hasn't cleaned like I told him too. It's a good possibility she's eating the little pieces. Because she just threw up again like a lot and was making really horrific sounds right before it. I'll clean the mess and see if the issue clears if not it's to the vet we go.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

Lately it seems like every time I feed Skye she eats it all so fast she ends up throwing it all back up. I haven't changed her diet or brand of food. Is she simply stuffing herself too much or do you think it could be more?
We have a new little kitten that we were keeping in a private room to eat her kitten chow so the big cats would not eat it. Then we started bringing her out and setting her on the table to eat. She would gulp down her food so fast that she would throw it up. We assume the gulping was out of fear that the big cats would get her food. So we put her back in a private dining room to eat and the throwing up has went away.