He's finally here!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our new horse is finally here! He arrived this afternoon. He is a little shy but is an absolute sweetheart and I'm in love with him already! I also received his BLM paperwork and found that he was caught in Utah in 2000 when he was a yearling.

He was a little nervous about going into the barn and it took about 45 minutes of coaxing while standing out in the FREEZING wind!
But we got him in and he's all settled in his stall.

We haven't settled on a name yet, but will hopefully decide this evening. I got one picture of him, it's not great because he was in the stall. Once he settles in, I'll take him out in the sunlight and get good pictures.

But, here he is!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aww he is cute and looks so huggable

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bays are one of my fav colors in horses (my horse was a bay) - looking forward to more pictures and glad everything went smoothly today

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww
he looks so much like a horse I used to ride named Zepplin, because he was big and stable like riding in a Zepplin balloon. We used to call him Zep for short

When I get my first horse it's going to be named Zippidydoda...and it's name will be Zippers for short, or Zip I suppose

Hope he settles in well

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a Gorgeous Boy!!
Grr im Jealous! Ive got 2 acres of land behind my house and I still cant get a Horse! All my neighbors have horses but I cant even get a Goat!

Enjoy your Boy Though!!! Did you say he was Wild Caught??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!! I'm so thrilled with him and can't wait until he's settled in and I can start working with him!

Originally Posted by Vixen16

Did you say he was Wild Caught??
Yes, he was wild caught as a yearling. He was part of the King Top Mustang herd in Utah.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you got some work ahead of you!!!!!!! Take it slow and end the session when he does it right!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks a lot like my Count - tho Count had a white blaze on his face and he was a quarter horse/welsh pony cross....other then that, he looks similar to mine

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww what a Beautiful Boy!!!
Hows he Settling in?

[[I looked up the Kings Top Mustang Herd in Utah and Wow... IDK they had such a thing going there]]
So did you get him from straight from Utah or did someone else get him from Utah and you got him from them?
Wild caught at one point though... thats interesting!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Aww what a Beautiful Boy!!!
Hows he Settling in?

[[I looked up the Kings Top Mustang Herd in Utah and Wow... IDK they had such a thing going there]]
So did you get him from straight from Utah or did someone else get him from Utah and you got him from them?
Wild caught at one point though... thats interesting!
He's settling in very well.

He was caught in 2000 as a yearling, then stayed with the BLM for a year. When he was 2, he was sent with a group of Mustangs to a wild horse rescue in Tennessee. He was adopted and titled to a guy here in Indiana. He was then sold to another person in Indiana, then sold again to a lady in Kentucky... the lady in Kentucky is the one I got him from.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww your newest horse is beautiful
His coloring is gorgeous

Whenever the time comes to name him - you'll have to tell us what you decided!
Enjoy your new horse - hes going to have a great life with you & John!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Aww your newest horse is beautiful
His coloring is gorgeous

Whenever the time comes to name him - you'll have to tell us what you decided!
Enjoy your new horse - hes going to have a great life with you & John!
We are still working on a name, we had our list of names but then when we met him we realized that most of those names just didn't fit. So last night we made another long list. We have it narrowed down to two now... Memphis (which was on the old list), and Apache. I think we're leaning more towards Memphis but we're still not sure.