Jingles has gone missing!

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My niece's cat got out yesterday and still isn't back.
Her cat has gotten out a couple of times before but she has always come back. My niece is only 12 and very upset.
Please send prayers and vibes for Jingles to come home.

Thank you!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JIL05

My niece's cat got out yesterday and still isn't back.
Her cat has gotten out a couple of times before but she has always come back. My niece is only 12 and very upset.
Please send prayers and vibes for Jingles to come home.

Thank you!
Oh no.
How upsetting!!! I will pray Jingles comes home safe and soon!!!

for Jingles to make it home!!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope Jingles comes home!! Just out of curiosity, does he have a collar with his name and address on it?? If he doesn't when he comes home you should get that done!! I have one that comes around because I use to have a cat named Kitten, and they were in love, so he always comes around looking for, not realizing she has crossed the bridge! Since he has a collar though I can call his owners and get him back where he belongs! (over 3 miles from here....)

Good luck!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no - Jingles
Come home right away!!!
Sending {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} for Jingles to come home and for calming for your niece Please tell your niece that the TCS community cares very much about her & her cat, and yup, many of our kitties have been naughty, too

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!
We hope Jingles comes home

Heres tons of for Jingles to find his way home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jingles came home last night after three days missing. We are all so happy, of course, no one more than my niece! She was over yesterday and I showed her all of your replies yesterday and she was surprised and happy to see that so many people cared about her cat. She read every post. Many, many thanks to all of you for your well wishes, vibes and prayers!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the happiest news that Jingles came home!!

We are so glad that your neice has Jingles home again!

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How does Jingles keep getting out? And if Jingles is the kind of cat who will likely keep getting out, it might be a good idea to get her a microchip.

So happy she's home!

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sister found the cat wandering the streets one night. She had a jingle bell collar on, but no name or information, so she brought her home. Although she posted on websites and in the paper and walked around the neighborhood with fliers, no one claimed this cat. My sister put alot of effort in to trying to find this cat's family as I had just lost my cat and was going through trying to find him, so she knew the other side. My niece grew attached to her and they have kept her ever since and she is an indoor cat. I believe she was an outdoor cat before they found her because this cat wants to go out alot of the time! It's usually before she has to go to the litterbox. Every once in a while she just makes it out that door before they get to close it. I have suggested a microchip (she has a collar) and she is almost in agreement. The only thing we wonder about is illness from the chip. I have read conflicting reports on that.

I am just so happy that it turned out well.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad she is home safe. But what kind of illness from the chip do you mean? My cats have always been microchipped (well, since microchips existed) and there has never been a problem, nor have I heard of any.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard about some sort of a tumor that can develop along the injection site, i have aslo heard of tumors- not sure if the same kind- developing at vaccination sites too.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my cats have had microchips. I know about the controversy. Best thing is to probably talk to their vet. I think it's one of those six-of-one situations -- on the one hand, you get piece of mind knowing that if your cat gets lost, there's a reasonable chance he'll get returned to you. On the other hand.....

I still think I would "chip" any of my cats, though.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had heard of a possibility that microchips may cause cancer... but after losing my own cat last year and Jingles disappearing for those 3 days I do think that maybe it would be worth looking into. It really is a six-in-one situation...