I Can't

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i can not go into the "Crossing the Bridge" section anymore... i visit there sometimes, bc i want to offer my condolences to those who just lost their beloved. i never wind up posting bc by the time im done reading the post i am in tears and do not know what to say. then i have to go and hug and kiss my cat and tell him hes never allowed to leave me... i just cant go there anymore it upsets me wayyyy too much

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. With me I can't read all the sad poems about strays anymore. Or the posting of animal abuse in IMO. I'm tired of getting my heart broken.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go in there to show support..and alot of times I do cry.

Think of it this way though, although its hard and I know that..think of that person who has just lost their baby and how much support they need because of it. Its so nice when we can support eachother in times of sorrow.

If god forbid anything happen to our furbabies, I rest assured knowing our friends here will grieve right along with us.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's healthy though.... all above points taken into consideration, if we didn't cry, we'd have lost something magical. We'd have lost touch with why we love our pets in the first place.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't read all the sad poems about strays anymore. Or the posting of animal abuse in IMO. I'm tired of getting my heart broken
Sounds like me; the "crossing the bridge" posts just tear my heart out. But, as Trout's Mom said,
Think of it this way though, although its hard and I know that..think of that person who has just lost their baby and how much support they need because of it. Its so nice when we can support eachother in times of sorrow
There are times I just have to read the posts and offer what little comfort I can. I've been thru the grief so many times myself, tho, that it's really, really tough. I know I don't do it as often as I should.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I go in there to show support..and alot of times I do cry.

Think of it this way though, although its hard and I know that..think of that person who has just lost their baby and how much support they need because of it. Its so nice when we can support eachother in times of sorrow.

If god forbid anything happen to our furbabies, I rest assured knowing our friends here will grieve right along with us.
That is how I feel about visiting animal shelters, too. Esp. the high-kill-rate ones - those precious babies can't come home with me, but at least I gave them love & a prayer in my heart, to help light their way over RB!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry alot when I visit in there
Its natural.
But honestly I only read maybe 2 or 3 posts and that is all I can handle.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I try to go in there to offer my support also but there so sad and I always feel like I should be able to do more then just giving a few words of comfort.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

i can not go into the "Crossing the Bridge" section anymore... i visit there sometimes, bc i want to offer my condolences to those who just lost their beloved. i never wind up posting bc by the time im done reading the post i am in tears and do not know what to say. then i have to go and hug and kiss my cat and tell him hes never allowed to leave me... i just cant go there anymore it upsets me wayyyy too much
You are not alone. I feel exactly like you do. I also stay out of the IMO forum completely so as not to get emotionally upset. I do love to talk about cats but I have had eight that have passed on and visiting the bridge brings memories back that are better not relived for me.