When Meowmy moves the couch.. "By Trout"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I have alot of toys. Most of my toys are little foam balls..and little mice, meowmy's hair ties, chapstick and stuff like that.

I play hard, and I play so much that after a while, they all end up underneath the couch..out of paws reach
So, then I am stuck with big toys which aren't as much fun. We're talking stuffed animals..etc..no fun right?

So, days and days go by, and my meowmy doesn't notice that I am having NO fun at all..I meow and meow at her to throw the stuffed animals (even though they are kinda heavy and no fun to fetch anyway, I am DESPERATE). She throws them..but then halfway through, I lose interest..and its funny to make her throw them for no reason

Sometimes (not often enough), she actually thinks "maybe I should move the couch to release all the toys back to funland". Those days are the BEST! They are like Christmas for me..because lets be honest..I forget what toys I even have because I am quite spoiled

TODAY SHE MOVED THE COUCH!!
I am in heaven as she is throwing millions of toys in the air, and they are bouncing around me like they KNOW they are just for me...I play and I play until I am too tired and about half of the toys are back under the couch

Now, I am finally relaxing as I type this..and meowmy is looking at me like "okay, are you done with the computer yet?"

Aaaaah, life is grand on couch moving day

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Trout! You're such a spoiled sweetie!

PS: Tell meomy to take the legs off of the couch so it sits flat on the ground, that way you won't lose your toys anymore

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww! Trout! You're such a spoiled sweetie!

PS: Tell meomy to take the legs off of the couch so it sits flat on the ground, that way you won't lose your toys anymore
I have to agree with this
A couch with no legs means more fun with your toys without losing them underneath! If that fails..tell meowmy to have more couch moving days

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Trout's spoiled with toys because mommy is too lazy to move the couch. *ducks*

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Okay, so I have alot of toys. Most of my toys are little foam balls..and little mice, meowmy's hair ties, chapstick and stuff like that.

I play hard, and I play so much that after a while, they all end up underneath the couch..out of paws reach
So, then I am stuck with big toys which aren't as much fun. We're talking stuffed animals..etc..no fun right?

So, days and days go by, and my meowmy doesn't notice that I am having NO fun at all..I meow and meow at her to throw the stuffed animals (even though they are kinda heavy and no fun to fetch anyway, I am DESPERATE). She throws them..but then halfway through, I lose interest..and its funny to make her throw them for no reason

Sometimes (not often enough), she actually thinks "maybe I should move the couch to release all the toys back to funland". Those days are the BEST! They are like Christmas for me..because lets be honest..I forget what toys I even have because I am quite spoiled

TODAY SHE MOVED THE COUCH!!
I am in heaven as she is throwing millions of toys in the air, and they are bouncing around me like they KNOW they are just for me...I play and I play until I am too tired and about half of the toys are back under the couch

Now, I am finally relaxing as I type this..and meowmy is looking at me like "okay, are you done with the computer yet?"

Aaaaah, life is grand on couch moving day
That is funny~~what a cute story!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bad meowmy! Bad! Bad!!! You really need to move that coach more often - what is a cat to do?!?!?!?

That's too funny. By chance we moved our coach, love seat and oversized chair on Friday night since we were working on the living room ceiling on Saturday. I was amazed to only find 1 toy and a cork from a wine bottle under all 3 of these.

Then I found the kicker: A habenaro pepper. We grew them in our garden over the summer and I rinse and dry them in a colander. Koko (the little trouble maker) likes to pull peppers out of the colander and play with them. Apparently she thought a habanero pepper was quite fun. And funny, I didn't find any teeth marks on that one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I think Trout's spoiled with toys because mommy is too lazy to move the couch. *ducks*

How did you know that?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

About once a week I have to dig toys out from under the couch, the chair, the tv and the stereo, then I go upstairs and dig them out from under the bed and dresser

Its ridiculous the amount of toys he has, really

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Trout,
Congratulations on getting your meowmy to move the couch. It sounds like your meowmy is like mine and too lazy to move the couch very often, though. You should train her like I've trained mine.

I got my meowmy to get a Swiffer. It's skinny enough to fit under the couch, and it can release all of the toys trapped under there from captivity. After you get the Swiffer, whenever all the fun toys get trapped you have to stand by the couch and wail pitifully. Sometimes you have to cry for a really long time because, let's face it, humans are pretty lazy. When your meowmy finally does the appropriate action, like go pick up the Swiffer, reward her by looking extremely cute and excited and swishing your tail around like crazy (humans love that) until all the toys are freed.

If you're a really good trainer, like I am, after a while your human can even be trained to retreive the toys on a regular schedule so you no longer have to wail pitifully. Be sure to always reward them with the cute and excited looks and tail swishing, though, or they may revert back.

Good luck with training your meowmy!!

Your friend,
Forest

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Dear Trout,
Congratulations on getting your meowmy to move the couch. It sounds like your meowmy is like mine and too lazy to move the couch very often, though. You should train her like I've trained mine.

I got my meowmy to get a Swiffer. It's skinny enough to fit under the couch, and it can release all of the toys trapped under there from captivity. After you get the Swiffer, whenever all the fun toys get trapped you have to stand by the couch and wail pitifully. Sometimes you have to cry for a really long time because, let's face it, humans are pretty lazy. When your meowmy finally does the appropriate action, like go pick up the Swiffer, reward her by looking extremely cute and excited and swishing your tail around like crazy (humans love that) until all the toys are freed.

If you're a really good trainer, like I am, after a while your human can even be trained to retreive the toys on a regular schedule so you no longer have to wail pitifully. Be sure to always reward them with the cute and excited looks and tail swishing, though, or they may revert back.

Good luck with training your meowmy!!

Your friend,
Forest
That is TOO CUTE

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout, we put our toys under the fridge. Mom never moves that thing, but once in a great while she uses the end of the vaccum monster to get them out. It's scarry at first cause she's got the monster out, but in a few seocnds we forget all about that stupd thing, and go about playing with our toys. We sure wish she would get them out every day. Don't meowmies understand how important our toys are?

Love
Levi, Jordan, Isaac & Maggie.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout - I've only got the one toy (it's all I will play with) but it's brilliant when Mummy drags it across the floor for me to get.

Good luck with getting your mummy to get the toys out from the couch more often.

Beauty.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

lol at least someone besides me said it

thank of the money she could save not buying toys to replace the one under the couch.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

How did you know that?
Well, it IS easier to buy more than look for them!

That was such a cute story! Have fun playing while it lasts Trout!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Trout, taunted by all those toys just out of reach. Kinda like my boys who insist on batting their little mice under the fridge. Hey, a fridge is way harder to move than a couch.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Poor Trout, taunted by all those toys just out of reach. Kinda like my boys who insist on batting their little mice under the fridge. Hey, a fridge is way harder to move than a couch.
OMG Wendy! Did you get that pic while you were here?
Trout looks like she saw a stranger in this pic

And look at all the toys under the couch!