For those who watch "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching a repeat episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" last evening and when Chef Ramsey was giving his critique about the food he was being served at the beginning of the show it got me thinking how hard it must be to cook for a successful, world famous Chef; especially one who is known for his complete honesty and his temper like Chef Ramsey, and could make a Marine blush and cry

So let's have some fun....

Chef Ramsey is coming to your home for dinner in 2 weeks.

Question:

What are you planning on cooking for him?

- Appetizer:
- Soup:
- Entree:
- Salad:
- Dessert:
- Beverages including wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc.

For me this would not be a time to experiment with new recipes! I'll have to give some thought as to what I would serve. I do know that I would serve the salad after the Entree, pull out my best china and then go into a tail spin of panic!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting idea. I've only watched one or two times cause I really don't like how he treats people, but here goes

- Appetizer: Baked mushrooms stuffed with chicken/spinich
- Soup: Pumpkin or Squash
- Entree: Pork Chop Catatori (sp?)
- Salad: Mixed greens (including spinach leaves) with choice of dressing
- Dessert: Fudge brownies with chocolate mint ice cream, sprinkles, cherry, etc. on top.
- Beverages including wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc. (we don't serve alcohol in our house) Choice of coffee or one of our flavored teas.

And if he had a problem with the above, he wouldn't be invited back again

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Natalie,

When I saw "Hell's Kitchen" in the title, I had to laugh--that's what I'm calling my kitchen right now--serious rennovation going on, done suddenly...

My working kitchen is in my family room and dining room, and the kitchen table is in the family room. We can't use the dining room table for eating, as our kitchen stuff is in there! Oh, what a topsy-turvy world we live in...

I'm afraid that all I could offer the Chef is part of a take-out pizza from last night's dinner, and some 9-Lives (these are the only things I can find easily. It doesn't look good for DH and I for din-dins tonight, if that's the case! Ocean whitefish flavor, anyone? "Iron Chef Cat Food.")

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Appetizer:pretzel and popcorn crunchies, Soup:Vegetable and leek Salad:Tomato and Bibb lettuce with fresh ginger dressing Entree:Corn casserole with sausage Side: Orange slices Dessert: Peach/Nutmeg Pie topped with vanilla ice cream.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd keep it simple as he always goes on about honest, simple food on his shows.

Appetizer: Mozzarella and tomato salad
Soup: Tomato and roasted pepper
Entree: Roast pork with mustard mash
Salad: Fresh green salad
Dessert: My chocolate and orange cake is to die for!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh fun! He would hate it, I'm no chef but I can cook decent food...

- Appetizer: Fresh mozzarella and tomato flatbread with pesto
- Soup: Gross. None.
- Entree: Pigs in a blanket.
No but seriously, I'd imagine I'd have to learn to make something with meat in it?
- Salad: My mom's recipe with walnuts, pears, and gorgonzola with celery seed dressing. You don't usually get compliments on a salad, but that always does.
- Dessert: Cranberry cornbread
- Beverages: Maybe a nice IPA

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Appetizer: Ricotta Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Basil Pesto
Soup: Roasted Vegetable with parmesan crusties
Entree: Sausage Lasagna
Salad: Mixed greens with pomegranate seeds, pears and apples and a sweet dressing
Dessert: Fudge Brownies with chocolate sauce and assorted berries
Beverages: Some good wine to wash it all down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I've given this some though.

- Appetizer:
Escargo stuffed mushrooms, mini bacon kische, and something with asparagus in it.

- Soup: Black Bean

- Entree: Lemon & Thyme roasted chicken (that has bacon draped over it while roasting), Oven roasted rosemary and thyme potatoes and veggies.

- Salad: Mixed Green Salad with fresh bacon bits and a light lemon vinagrette

- Dessert: My no bake Ambrosia Squares because it's light, fruity and flavourful and "no fail" LOL

- Beverages including wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc. To go with the Entree, a Canadian white wine which I would have the Liquor Mart experts pick out for me based on what I was serving for dinner. For the dessert I would serve another Canadian white, only this time "Iced Apple Dessert Wine" which would go well with the other fruits in the dessert. Then a choice of coffee or tea.

I can't carve a chicken if my life depended on it! I know "how" to do it, but knowing how and actually being able to are 2 different things! So I'd have to also invite my Aunt and Uncle over because he's a champion at carving up a chicken!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Appetizer: grilled bacon wrapped mushrooms
Soup: cheesy potato broccoli soup
Salad: Spinach salad with crumbled blue cheese, pine nuts (or almonds), little bacon crumbles, and a vinegar oil dressing with some fresh herbs in it
Main course: Slow grilled herb encrusted ribs, grilled garlic bread (with some roasted garlic on top), sweet corn
Dessert: Mint swirled cheesecake with oreo crust
Beverage: (with dinner) Alaskan Amber or Karma beer. (with dessert) coffee

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would not cook him anything. I would shout Oih!! Gordon. GET OUT Of MY KITCHEN!!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Interesting idea. I've only watched one or two times cause I really don't like how he treats people, but here goes

- Appetizer: Baked mushrooms stuffed with chicken/spinich
- Soup: Pumpkin or Squash
- Entree: Pork Chop Catatori (sp?)
- Salad: Mixed greens (including spinach leaves) with choice of dressing
- Dessert: Fudge brownies with chocolate mint ice cream, sprinkles, cherry, etc. on top.
- Beverages including wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc. (we don't serve alcohol in our house) Choice of coffee or one of our flavored teas.

And if he had a problem with the above, he wouldn't be invited back again
I love that!

Originally Posted by u8myufo

I would not cook him anything. I would shout Oih!! Gordon. GET OUT Of MY KITCHEN!!!

Ok, since I don't cook many things, he'd just have to deal with the fact that it was cooked, in a clean environment and I didn't try to poison him. With that in mind, I would make some of the only things I know how to make.

- Appetizer: Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread
- Soup: Your choice of Chicken Noodle or 15 Bean (only two I know how to make)
- Entree: I cook some really nice chicken on the grill with corn on the cob and garlic toast.
- Salad: Baby lettuces, sunflower seeds, cheese of choice, tomato, chicken breast, black olives, & italian dressing. (yes, and crappy bacon bits if desired!)
- Dessert: Chocolate chip cookie from the freezer! (who can say no to those!)
- Beverages including wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc. : we offer water, any soda in the fridge, beer, milk, and coffee.

Down home and just me. Everyone else likes it, I don't need to vie for his attention!!!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Chef Ramsey. Sometimes though I wonder were they get the contestants for Hell Kitchen. And as for Kitchen Nightmare I would die of embarrassment if my kitchen looked like some I have seen on that show with rotten food and rodent infestations.

But if I was lucky enough to have Chef Ramsey for dinner:

Appetizer:
Seared tuna crostini with wasabi slaw or
Lamb lollipops with Thai chili glaze

Salad:
Ceaser salad chiffonade with Asiago cheese crisps

Soup:
Cream of Leek

Palate cleanser:
Cucumber sorbet

Entrees:
Poached salmon with a vanilla champagne sauce and angel hair pasta
Seared Beef Tenderloin with blue cheese demiglace and potato "risotto" or Pork Tenderloin stuffed with sausage, feta and craisin with apple cider reduction and roasted sweet potatoes.

Dessert:
Almond cake with strawberries macerated in a port wine reduction or Deep dark chocolate tart with butter pecan creme anglaise

Wines would come from our local Maryland winery to show off our region and support the local commerce. Coffee if we could still eat anything after the meal either espresso with a twist of orange or pumpkin spiced lattes with little shortbread bites.

I would have such a hard time making the final decision but these are some of my favorite dishes.

Tricia