myspace picture drama (rant)

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know i am fixing to start to rant, i feel it comming on, but by george how can anyone be this stupid. Ok, to start off my rant, Roman's sister in law called me last night. This girl or should i say "ex friend" called her to ask if she should add me to her myspace page since i hadnt had anything nice to say to her in over a year and a half. And said that she felt that me putting a picture of myself and roman on my myspace page was to spite her and rub my relationship in her face. First off, when i added that picture, over a year ago, i had no idea she even had myspace. I added the picture because it was the best one he and i had and i liked it. And second, No i hadnt had anything nice to say to her in longer than a year and a half, why would I? Why would she even begin to think i would want anything to do with her anymore. She went behind my back and cheated with my then boyfriend for the whole time we were together and Lied to my face about it everytime i mentioned that i was suspicious of their friendship. I dated this guy for 3 years, i knew him longer then that, but we were "together" for three years. It was rough and we had our bad times, but i still really cared for him. This girl "L" was Jimmy's best friend's girlfriend. He suposedly thought of her as a sister because he and her man were so close and had grown up together. Yes maybe i was nieve (sp) and stupid, but i trusted both of them. There were times i was suspicous but they both denied anything. Jimmy even went so far as to keep reassuring me "thats sick, she is my sister, i would never do anything with her". But after he went to prison and we broke up, he wrote me a letter confessing to everything. And she admitted it also when i confronted her with the letter. This had even taken place during a group camping trip we all went on together. Now "L" is all butthurt because i wont talk to her? OMG i mean for real! She is lucky i didnt beat the snot outta her when i first found out. Then to make matters worse, when Roman and i were trying to hook up, she had to try getting with him also, knowing that we were trying to get together. So now she keeps calling roman's sister in law telling her that i need to take that picture off myspace and quit rubbing it in her face. Everytime i think about her i just wanna..................... arrrrrrrrrggggggggg!
How dare she even speak my name, much less add me to her myspace then complain about the picture i have?? She just burns me up! I outta go make a myspace "hello from both of us" comment with that picture she hates so bad and post it on HER myspace page!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just delete her so she cant see you page anymore! Thats the great thing about myspace, if you dont want someone to see it, they cant!

I would have beat the snot out of her, but I have a pretty hot temper when it comes to stuff like that.... Well at least I would have when I was younger and childless!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good grief! Way too much drama for me!

Who cares who has what picture on an internet page! Ignore it!

If you don't want to be her friend remove yourself from the situation:

1. change your phone number or screen you calls and don't answer the phone if it's her.

2. Delete emails that she sends to you without reading them!

3. Make your My Space page private, or better yet delete the page completely.

Most people perpetuate the drama in their lives by feeding into it.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Good grief! Way too much drama for me!

Who cares who has what picture on an internet page! Ignore it!

If you don't want to be her friend remove yourself from the situation:

1. change your phone number or screen you calls and don't answer the phone if it's her.

2. Delete emails that she sends to you without reading them!

3. Make your My Space page private, or better yet delete the page completely.

Most people perpetuate the drama in their lives by feeding into it.
Isn't that the truth! I have myspace, but its just for fun and not real life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The reason i got onto myspace in the first place is because my best friend moved to New Mexico and one night after seeing a news story i decided to check and see if anyone i knew was a member and if she had a profile. She did so i set one up so we could talk, etc. Then more people i knew started adding me. I am debating deleting the whole profile. i get sick of the same stuff getting posted all the time. I probably wont though, but i will make it private.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I like my Myspace, but Kooks like get the BOOT!! One day, they get on there myspace and find a BIG RED EX where I use to be! Thats because drama is better in person, and not on the net! That way if you gotta give em a swift kick their right there to do so!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know that on myspace there is an ignore function??

I think you are past your teenage years, you need to get over the situation and put it behind you, cut her out of your life and if anyone comes to you with any of the stuff she has to say, tell them you dont want to hear about it.

I am sure you are strong enough to do that.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

The reason i got onto myspace in the first place is because my best friend moved to New Mexico and one night after seeing a news story i decided to check and see if anyone i knew was a member and if she had a profile. She did so i set one up so we could talk, etc.
If you want to chat with your friend, download a chat program like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, MSN or ICQ. I use MSN... here is the link:

http://webmessenger.msn.com/

Or you can do the same thing with Windows Live Messenger. That way you don't need a special email address... any will work.

http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

You can leave offline messages if you want. And the best part is it's private. The list of who you have in your contact list is completely private, and you have the choice of adding or deleting or blocking anyone you wish..without them even knowing (for the blocking, deleting part).

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
myspace reminds me of a bigger version of high school.
i think no one over the age of 21 should be allowed to create profiles there.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cut the wench out of your life. Simple as that.

I also have myspace, but mine is set to Private. I use mine to keep in contact with friends, family, and online friends.

I was going to delete mine, but it's fun making and adding different layouts.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Myspace was the reason why I didn't go to my 10 year reunion. I looked up people I knew since high school and realize that for the majority of them, nothing had changed.

You need to realize that her issue with you having a picture of you and your boyfriend is her issue and not yours. She sounds like the type of girl that obsesses over what she can't have. She needs to come to terms with that and figure things out for herself.

I would just make your page private, place her on the ignore list, and if she calls you or your sister in law, tell her to get over herself.

By you going into a rant over this, something that clearly isn't your issue, you're just turning one drama into a larger one.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely sounds to me like she has some serious issues and is deliberately seeking the conflict, perhaps to justify to herself the way she feels. It's petty and pathetic, cut her out. Don't delete MySpace, just set it to private
She's really not worth your time or effort.
By getting angry over it, you are giving her more ammunition. If you ignore her, then she's going to run out of steam sooner or later. She's just after the rise.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't react to her at all. She wants a conflict with you when there shouldn't be any contact at all.

Is she friends with your sister in-law? If not, your sil was enabling her by not just hanging up on her whinefest, and ask her that next time she calls to do so.

Sounds like she's all in the wrong so far, and it'd be best to keep it that way. Maybe in her twisted mind (where she has a chance with your bf) she thinks if she draws you into her game then she might win and come out looking better than you and steal your boyfriend. Cut that little fantasy off!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know that much about the Myspace stuff (neither DH nor I have one) - but IMO what you want to post as pictures on your own Myspace page is up to you. No one has the right to tell you that you can't put a picture of you and your SO because "they" think its rubbing it their face.

That's HER problem she feels that way. If all that happened to me and someone didn't like me or didn't talk to me, then its silly to even "add" the person on your myspace page.

I'd just let it go - don't even response to her rantings

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i made the profile private, and i probably shouldnt have gotten wound up about the whole thing, but she drives me insane, its like she has this obsession with wanting whats mine. and to think back, why would she call romans sister in law to ask her opinion of adding me to myspace if she wasnt just trying to draw attention to herself. the girl has mental issues very bad, and is back on her meds from what i hear, but still yet i dont trust her. I wonder if she wasnt hoping to get on my myspace in hopes of contacting roman. He dont ever get on there anyway, he hardly uses the computer except to lookup hints on his video games.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Had a "friend" like that several years ago.

So I went online and put her on mailing lists for depression, ADD, bi polar disorder, etc.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's bad, Jenney

I have a myspace and have gotten back into contact with several folks from high school from it, I also post pics from cheezburger back and forth with a friend from work, I've also had a couple guys contact me, even though my profile says friends only
I've just started to get into posting bulletins

I've heard a few stories though about harassment on myspace, just be careful!