Are you a picker

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you have pimples or a scab do you pick at them. I do, with me it's a compulsion. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't, but John has a weird obsession with squeezing them. If I've got a pimple on my face he won't leave me alone until he gets to squeeze it, and it always hurts!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG big time...I'm surprised I don't have scars for it.

If the pimple is causing me pain, then it must go.

If the scab is starting to come off by itself, I'll help it.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Goodness yes.

And with my skin, everything scars. Even Mosquito bites I DON'T scratch will scar. So... let's just say I tend to wear long sleeves....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Never! That leads to skin irritation, infection and scaring. If I do get a rare pimple, I apply really warm compresses to it and increase my face washing regime...which is basically just the frequency that I wash my face.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't STAND pimples/zits!!!! They HAVE to go..... I'm deffinitely a picker!

I always pick at my SO's back too....... They aren't bad, but I just can't stand to rub his back and feel the tinsiest bump!!!!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I don't, but John has a weird obsession with squeezing them. If I've got a pimple on my face he won't leave me alone until he gets to squeeze it, and it always hurts!
I help my SO with his backne. I was once told by a friend that a real woman with pick the zits from your back no questions asked.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots of scars because of it.
It's compulsive for me, it seems though that I mostly do it in my sleep

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, if anything is there that shouldn't be or feels different I will not leave it alone till it's gone. No scars from that, I only end up with scars from accidents -burns, scratches, car doors, stabbing myself in the hand with the scissors...

The habit carries over into other areas. If there is tangled sting in front of me, I must untangle it, sort and count change, sort beads, etc.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh, Im a picker!! I pick everything, even if it isn't showing yet, alls it needs to be is something I can feel and its GONE!!! I pick at my DH too!! Hehe, he hates it, but I dont like to see them!!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep .... I am a picker. And a squeezer. It's compulsive. I have alot of spock marks on my face from when I was younger because I picked at my pimples.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Same here, I do it in my sleep. I don't know I do it. Although, Squishy's side I am supposed to work the scabs off as much as I can to put his meds on....that's no fun.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I am guilty of that. I rather have a red sore bump then a big whitehead.
yeh, am the same! that's true hehe. i've got it off my mum LOL, it's weird because i pick at scabs, knowing full well that it'll make it worse!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was always warned against it. My great Grandpa's sister died from picking a pimple on her cheek bone when she was 16 (caused an infection that went to her brain and she died a few days later). My grandma and everyone else was so against it. Honestly it scared me!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, that would have scared me too, but my mom always picked, my grandma always picked, my whole family picks! Anything that can be picked or squeezed gets it done!