Our 21 year old kitty cat,,,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, This is Missy, according to the vets records she turned 21 years old 12 days ago which would make her birthday right about new years day. She is starting to have problems with eating all the time and still loosing weight. Also her heart beat is on the fast side.

She just had a ton of blood work done on 1-10-08 and all the tests were great for a cat her age. The vet was thinking thyroid problem but the blood test don't show it. The vet now wants to do a couple Xrays on her to see if anything odd shows up. The vet is a little worried that she might have some kind of cancer or something going on. I sure hope not. I told the vet I had to talk to wife about it first. We decided to get the Xrays done but if it turns out she has cancer or something bad like that we will just keep her as comfortable as we can till she starts suffering to much. I hope that don't sound cruel.

She has out lived 2 dogs we have had and my kitty cat I had when I met my wife 10 years ago. She had 2 batches of kittens when she was young and has been hit by a car 2 times. She has a big lump in her side from one of the times a car bumped her. I have tried many times to get some good pictures of her but they never turn out, this is one of the better ones I got of her, I just took it this morning.

She still gets around just fine and still gets the "crazies" just like a young cat sometimes. She is real picky about what she eats and has to have water in a glass bowl or she will not drink enough water. She will dip her front paw into my glass of water I normally have on my dresser and lick the water off it before drinking from many of the water dishes I have around the house. So I have a small glass dish with water in it for her.

She has been here so long and has not had any major problems for years so she kinda gets taken for granted, but she has become real close to me the last few months and spends allot of time with me when I am in the house. She don't spend any time close to the other cats. during the night if its real cold outside she will paw at me till I wake up and let her under the blanket and she will sleep right next to me with her head resting on my arm. I am glad she trusts me enough to do that. I know chances are she won't be with us much longer because of her age so I do what I can to make life easier for her.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she a colorpoint of some sort? She is very pretty and looks good for an elderly cat.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending good vibes that Missy doesn't have Cancer..Shes so pretty.She looks alot like my Tortie Point Siamese..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her records at the vet have her down as "Siamese" and color as "Seal Point". I don't know if its normal for a Siamese but she looks like she is cross eyed sometimes and if see looks right into the camera her eyes will be red.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a sweetie, Tom, and looks great for her age. My old lady Shasta lived to 21. Savour her twilight time -- it is precious.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks fantastic - you must be taking very good care of her. I know what you mean - my Tigger is 18 and has a special place beside me wherever I sit or lie.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful old gal! I had my dear Fred until he was 18, and he was the sweetest kitty I ever had. I hope your Missy has many more good years snuggling right beside you.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Kiki was about 18 when we she had kidney failure and had to be pts. She used to sleep on the headboard of our old waterbed. Kiki was a feral kitty that I tamed. She was the best kitty ever

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a Nice Cat. I hope mine gets that old. Mine is almost 16 and is half Siames too but is Black and White. I sure hope your cat dosent have Cancer.