its friday night and....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ack! We're anti social tonight also. We watched Lucky Number Sleven. Good movie too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have sunshine to watch after stargate goes off,, hehe sci fi friday heeh,
omg i am turning into a geek.. nerd,,, oh boy

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool article, Bruce.

This isn't the same as the black hole story you posted but have you seen the "Alien Moons" episode of The Universe on the History Channel this past Tuesday? They were talking about the two moons that orbit Mars. The orbits of the two moons are very different. Deimos has an orbit that is taking it further and further away from Mars. Eventually it will be pulled away from the planet entirely. The other moon, Phobos, is a different story and, IMO at least, puts a kink in the idea of long term colonization of Mars. The orbit of this moon takes it closer and closer to the planet. In an estimated 50 million years it will eventually crash into Mars.

I should be at work. My vacation ended Thursday but I've been sick with a cold and a colitis flare up. I'm falling apart. It's been mentioned that I should "just be taken out back and shot" with all of ailments.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
turning into one

I've had my usual Friday: out for dinner with my parents, home to watch TV, on the cat site for a bit and then bed!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting here drinking decaf, watching TV and working on some 3D Graphics, while reading this forum and 2 others.

I'd probably be in bed right now except I was so tired when I got home this afternoon that I had a nap. I usually nap around 1pm, but I didn't nap until close to 3:30pm and by that time I was exhausted and ended up sleeping until 6pm!! So I'll be up for hours yet!

I find the topic of black holes facinating, but I don't understand it at all. The measurements are way beyond my capacity to understand and to me aren't tangible in that I can't see/feel it so I can't comprehend it. I keep trying though.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"The Universe on the History Channel this past Tuesday" i am at work on that comes on
so i have never seen it.

lol i agree just take me out back and shoot me.
katie, if you turn into sci fi friday person you can come hang out here

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I find the topic of black holes facinating, but I don't understand it at all. The measurements are way beyond my capacity to understand and to me aren't tangible in that I can't see/feel it so I can't comprehend it. I keep trying though.
its the whole math thing, Which i can understand thanks to all the math in college, but hmm gives me a headache

i just want my own starship so i can go out there and look

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

its the whole math thing, Which i can understand thanks to all the math in college, but hmm gives me a headache

i just want my own starship so i can go out there and look
I don't do math very well.

You need a big red robot named Maximillian for your starship.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i was thinking of naming it, the Jack" O'Neill

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol we always have cake, lol
sure bring a replicator they would make cool pets, hmm until they eat you

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

"The Universe on the History Channel this past Tuesday" i am at work on that comes on
so i have never seen it.

lol i agree just take me out back and shoot me.
katie, if you turn into sci fi friday person you can come hang out here
hey, I watched that Tin Man and enjoyed it!
there's some sci fi geekiness in me just waiting to bust out

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey Bruce, ..my cousin is an astronaut. Lt. Doug Wheelock, he was one of the ones that did the repair on the array this last shuttle launch. The look on his face as he was walking to the shuttle was like a little kid who couldn't believe his wildest dream was coming true.

I have never been into the NASA thing, but cosmology is fascinating. Have you ever read the book Lonely heart of the cosmos? Excellent book.