The man wants to take dance lessons!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny!!!!
Tonight when we got home from the flower shop Colin announced to me "you know, i think we should take dance lessons, because ummm i can't really dance"
It was sooo cute!
Of course i agreed to it because i LOVE to dance and have done so since i was little -granted it was mostly ballet though and i don't see him prancing in a tutu for our wedding dances

I can't believe he agreed to dance lessons! That's great! I didn't even have to ask
Hehe i'm going to sign us up soon before he changes his mind
How funny!!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, the stress of police work has finally gotten to him.
He has had a break down
call 911 get him medical care fast

poor colin, give him a hug and put him in bed with some hot chocolate, try to keep him relaxed until the doc gets there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Wow! If he wasn't a keeper before, he sure is now! A guy actually volunteering to take dance classes?!
No kidding!!!!
He's such a "manly" man too- it's soo adorable he volunteered to do that!
I think he's getting a little self-conscious at the thought of dancing in front of all those people at the wedding- he wants to make sure he does a good job -it's sweet!

Originally Posted by theimp98

OMG, the stress of police work has finally gotten to him.
He has had a break down
call 911 get him medical care fast

poor colin, give him a hug and put him in bed with some hot chocolate, try to keep him relaxed until the doc gets there.
Now Bruce, what's wrong with a man that can dance?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is wonderful. My hubby once made some snide comment about it and I told him that it was a lot harder than he could imagine. Then he surprised me with ballroom dance lessons three years ago on my birthday. We've been doing them ever since. And it is a brave man who wants to try this as it is very hard. He has to do his part correctly because if he doesn't, then I can't do my part correctly. He has to figure out where he wants to go on the dance floor, what to do next, not crash us into anything and give me the proper lead so I know what he wants to do.

The hardest part for me was to follow, not lead. That took about a year to correct.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that is so sweet! I tried to talk DH into dance lesson's before the wedding and he refused, but he was willing to work on a few special steps and turns at home that we planned to do on our first dance so that was ok.

On the way up the aisle, I realized the woman that altered my dress didn't cut the tulle short enough and my heels kept getting stuck in the back, so when we got on the dance floor I told him "you spin me, I will KILL you!". So we just did the swaying in the circle thing, but that was find with us. Better than the disaster I pictured of me ending up on my butt by tripping on my own dress!

That is so cute that he is nervous about dancing in front of everyone and is suggesting lessons! We DEFINITELY want to see a video of your first dance!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki he is a keeper. Not many men would agree or admit they can't do something.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fair
I want my fiance to suggest that! I've tried suggesting it before, but he claims that his two-step sway is dancing.

I think it would be fun to swing dance to your first song

Have fun at those lessons, then keep encouraging him to go back by feeding him buffalo wings or something.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is soooo sweet and sounds like so much fun!

Unfortuantely DH and I would have to find a class for uncoordinated people before we could ever do that. Heck he won't even dance with me at home! I can do that at least!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a few weeks ago there was a youtube link of this couple taking the whole night by a suprise because they came up with their own dance routine, they started with a sway dance and then went crazy, i showed to trav we both had a good laugh and he said... we are so not doing that!

I'm not quite sure what we will be doing for our second wedding its still all underconstruction!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet! Definitely get signed up before he changes his mind!

DH decided that he wanted to take dance classes before we got married. He's always been a little intimidated by the fact that I used to be a dancer, so he never felt comfortable dancing with me. So we took ballroom classes. The thing is, DH didn't really get that they were teaching us the basic steps and that you could recombine them in an endless variety of ways. He figured that the pattern they taught us in class was "the dance" and you just did that same pattern of steps over and over again. So, the song for the first dance at our wedding was a rumba...so DH decided that we had to do the rumba like we were taught. So at our reception we did the same pattern of four moves over and over and over again for four and a half minutes.
It was pretty boring. He was trying so hard, though, and being so sweet that I've never had the heart to tell him that it was intended to be otherwise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys crack me up!

I'm planning to get us signed up for lessons of some sort before he changes his mind
He didn't mention what kind of lessons he wants to take- i guess we'll just see what all they have! It's going to be hard to schedule them as he just got switched to B shift yet again
(I work A for the city- 7-4 and he works B now 3-11 ) so we're going to try and do it on my off days during the mornings if we can do that!
I still can't believe he offered