what kind of cat?

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what kind of cat is in the friskies commercial that is now airing on tv it is a yellow cat with very abnormal markings they look kind of swirlie? Any ideas? hammy really likes this kitty and thinks he wants one like it.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I am not mistaken, it is a domestic shorthair classic orange tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the pattern is not called anything special? just wondering cause its not striped its very oddly marked

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was gonna mention it was FOUR types of tabby, but you beat me to it. If the cat is orange/yellow in color - then its a light red tabby. The classic tabby is more bullseye or swirling looking. Some classics have a "blotched" looking pattern.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hammyandwaf

the pattern is not called anything special? just wondering cause its not striped its very oddly marked
As others have said here, that blotchy, swirly pattern is called "classic" tabby.

The stripey cats are called mackerel.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i understand now lol it took pictures to get me to understand
but i didnt realize there were so many varieties of tabbys i just thought a tabby was a normal striped kitty..... i guess i need educated hehehe thanks guys

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charlie is a beautiful boy. My DBF likes ocicats, he likes them better than the tabby now that he knows the difference. lol Its hard to tell what our next furbaby is gonna be every time we decide we see a different one we like. I think we are going to end up with 4 or 5 little furballs running around.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem, you can't go wrong with an Oci

But I recommend you attend a local cat show in your area and take a look at some of the breeds. Then make a list of the types you like. You'll get it narrowed down.

I love most of the breeds, but tend to stick to shorthair, easy grooming cats like Siamese, Orientals, Ocis, Cornish rex. You'll noticed a pattern on the "type"

Keep in mind that even tho the longhairs are pretty, its takes a lot of patience and grooming skills to maintain most longhairs. If that's not for you, then don't adopt a longhair no matter how "cute" they are

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We were looking at a site of cat breeds today and we see how many there are and it IS gonna be hard to pick the next one. We like the bengal too. I love longhair and dont mind grooming. It is relaxing to me when Squishy cooperates lol. We also like the himalayan too. Maybe a cat show would be cool too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw the Friskies commercial I think you were talking about - where the cat is chasing animated butterflies, etc. and rolling around in the grass?

That looks like a classic brown tabby - possibly an American Shorthair from looks of the body and head.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Just saw the Friskies commercial I think you were talking about - where the cat is chasing animated butterflies, etc. and rolling around in the grass?

That looks like a classic brown tabby - possibly an American Shorthair from looks of the body and head.
I just saw it too. Classic Brown Tabby.
Gorgeous cat. Looks like my in-laws' cat Felix
did.