PETA kills 97% of companion animals (2006)

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We seen that PETA kills most of their companion animals a while back, thats not good

PETA has a great idea about helping animals but they are too extreme like you said. They take it too far & that is quite unfortunate. They have the ability to be a great company with high standards of the treatment of animals. I believe in the idea of PETA but that company has fell off the track...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PETA completely disgusts me. They took a good idea "ethical treatment" and just warped it beyond all sense.

If they had their way, none of us would have our beloved cats as companions. To PETA, they are better off dead, than "owned" by us.

They just make me sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think PETA's thoughts on things (and sometimes their exposures of different practices) are sometimes informative. However, they've gone so extremist on so many things that they've now made themselves hypocrits.

This is sort of like someone who is pro-life standing outside an abortion clinic so they can kill the people.

I just don't get it. They'd accomplish so much more with their passion if they were a little less radical but just as passionate.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And Peta has office cats!

I got a book on cats for christmas "fur babies", and it has a little tips section for cat care, written by someone from Peta, maybe even ingrid newkirk herself, talking about their wonderful office cats.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fur-Babies-W.../dp/1844005186

Its a very cute book, and money from its sale goes to the celia hammond cat trust. I did shudder a little bit when i realised there were Peta articles though.

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

PETA completely disgusts me. They took a good idea "ethical treatment" and just warped it beyond all sense.

If they had their way, none of us would have our beloved cats as companions. To PETA, they are better off dead, than "owned" by us.

They just make me sick.

I second that.

I don't think enough people realize that is the true motive.